JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, I know I can just get a solder iron and do it myself, but I'm afraid I'd F- it up , and stippling isn't that expensive if you subtract the S&H costs. So is there anyone close to Portland who can do top quality work? I don't want my entire block stippled, mostly just the backstop, finger groove, under the trigger guard and the index finger area on both sides.

The nice guys out at Brimstone Gunsmithing have a pretty nice Glock package and I'm sure they'd do a good job stippling your Glock. They're a short drive over the border into WA...but I think they're worth the drive. I've handled their work on these pistols, and I was impressed. They're going to do both my carry Glocks. I've got no dog in the fight other than they've done a bit of work for me before on my 10-22 trigger (perfect) and my AR's (reliability tuning - very nice). Easy to recommend:

http://brimstonegunsmithing.com/

I was super worried to mess it up. everyone told be to do it myself. so I watched a bunch of youtube videos. I got my hands on some AR funature a buddy didn't need anymore. I play with it hear and there till I got the hang up it. Ive done all my glocks a few 870 stocks and a bunch of odds and ends. The part I like about it, Its what I want, not what the guy I'm paying likes or thinks what I want.

Edit. When you are doing something important, do it all at once. That way it all looks the same. Day to day you will change pressure and angle. You will be able to tell

Last Edited:
I was look you super worried to mess it up. everyone told be to do it myself. so I got a hold of some AR funature a buddy didn't need anymore. I play with a hear and there till I got the hang up it. ihave done all my glocks a few 870 stocks and a bunch of odds and ends. The part I like it, It what I want, not the the guy I'm paying likes or thinks what I want
Good idea there. Sounds like what I should do as well since I don't really like paying someone elses husband to do what I can and should be able to do my self with the proper application of time, patience and knowledge.

Practice makes perfect!

Stip.jpg

I use a 25 watt wood burner, and an assortment of tips. The small 25 watt soldering iron also works great. The main tip that I use has about a 1/16 ball nose. A pointy tip works better when you get closer to the edges. The main thing is don't hold it to long, count off seconds!!! Always tape off your outline!

Stipling=easy. Don't over think it! Test an area like a magazine for temp setting.
As noted..a wood burning or solder iron is ideal as long as temps can be controlled. If a wood burner is used....you can make your own tips from nails, screws, etc.

LOL!!

Stipling anything is easier than one thinks. The tips that make the pattern(s) is where the creativity in design sprouts. Dremel tool bits, dentist drill bits, leather tools, brass rod, brass flat stock and a little drilling applied to it, a metal rod with filed cross-hatch, 1/4" hex screwdriver tips..then silver soldered to a rod that fits the wood burning tool or solder iron. If you can draw, you can stiple. PRACTICE

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top