JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The question I have is, if you own a stamped FA m16/AR-15 lower receiver, and are in good standing with the NFA laws, blah blah, can you attach a short barrel to it, or do you also have to have a separate stamp for the SBR part?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I could not find it...:oops:

I am no expert, but my understanding is the suppressor is its own firearm as far as the feds are concerned, I suspect that if the machine gun in question was orginally built with an integral suppressor from the manufacturer than it would be a one stamp affair? But if you were to modify an existing one it would take a second stamp because you are building a new "firearm" in the form of a suppressor. That is just a guess though. I suspect Scared knows "for real" :D

They come up on gunbroker from time to time. The machinegun trumps the SBR but does not blanket for silencers. It's still two stamps. Example: integrally suppressed MP5 with a registered sear pack takes two stamps. There are a few floating around and they pop up on gunbroker from time to time.

ETA: Here are some guys(who at least claim to own them) discussing the finer points of multi stamp firearms.
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=50&t=401591

Last Edited:
Did a little further research. It appears that at one time the ATF DID do the MP5SD
on a single stamp--but only for a very short time. Currently it's a 2 stamp deal.
One for the gun/sear whatever, and one for the integral suppressor.

Correct. The second sentence hits the nail on the head.

From the link I provided:
"There are a lot of 1-stamp SDs out there from the early C2s. Despite the MG and suppressor in one, the suppressors could not be disassembled or removed from the host gun so the ATF allowed them to be single stamp guns. They don't allow this to be done anymore though the originals are still one stamp guns.They're still out there but don't compare to more recent SD conversions."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top