JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A 9mm will, in the right hands.
Whooo doggies!
Yeah, but .38 special is in all my reading and experience much shorter ranged. I get much more of a rainbow arc with it versus a 9mm to the point I wonder if the drop would allow it to be possible. Now I couldn't make that shot at 700 yards guaranteed.

The impact could be anywhere on the steel. It's entirely dependent upon the bullet's angle of departure (AOD) from the barrel. His second shot just happened to be aimed about "...75 to 80 yards over the target...", or about a 4.5° AOD. Had he aimed just a few yards higher, say 90 yards over the target, his AOD would have been 5° and he might very well have still hit the plate, but the impact would have been higher up on the steel. So, there's no expectation (nor insistence) that the impact point must be on the lower part of the steel just because the bullet is travelling in a downward arc at the time of impact.
So I was right.

:D

:s0140:

iles.wordpress.com%2f2012%2f06%2fyou-know-im-right.gif

Technically, that should be spelled, "NERRRRDS"... Just sayin'... :s0033:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR