Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

PSA AR47, Experiences?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by MattBG, Mar 4, 2016.

1. MattBG

MattBG Battle Ground, WA Member

Hi All-

I saw that PSA started selling 'AR47' uppers that you can attach to a standard lower.

It seems like a fun addition to the safe. Does anyone have any experice with these?

Thanks

2. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

They have been out for a while and are probably on par with the rest of their stuff, which is pretty good considering the cost. Good reviews as well. I was looking at one but think I would go with the radical firearms upper instead. It's a little more ($435) but comes with a free float handguard instead of the standard guard and FSB. You are then on the hook for sights/optic but worth it to me. I have a couple buddies that ordered from them and it can take a little longer than PSA to deliver but they were happy when they got it.
    image.jpeg

3. MattBG

4. MattBG

I just went to order one and a blem lower, then I found that southwest Washington surplus is closed. On to find a new fll in the couv....

Thanks

5. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

These seem finicky and have expensive magazines. If only there was a proven rifle that was built around the ×39 that has cheap mags ;)

raftman, DuneHopper and The Heretic like this.
  6. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

SWWS was referring people to tropics pawn for $21 transfers last month when I was there looking to do one. Also Clark county gunsmith ended up doing it for me. They were great and $25.

MattBG likes this.
  7. billgrigsby24

billgrigsby24 Beaverton, Or Active Member

I have a friend who bought one and said he is extremely happy with it. It actually made me start looking as well...until I remembered I'd have to start buying ANOTHER caliber to stockpile.