JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NY congresswoman would mandate liability insurance for gun owners

Anti-gun New York Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney today introduced legislation that would mandate liability insurance for gun owners and fine them up to $10,000 if they don't have it, according to The Hill.

<broken link removed>

("Obamacare" for gun owners???)))

When I no longer am forced to carry uninsured motorist insurance because every motorist is insured I will at that point remotely consider...

Oh wait.

Driving is a privilege not a right. Let's tax the voting polls then.... Wait that was ruled unconstitutional.

When I no longer am forced to carry uninsured motorist insurance because every motorist is insured I will at that point remotely consider...

Oh wait.

Driving is a privilege not a right. Let's tax the voting polls then.... Wait that was ruled unconstitutional.
EXACTLY!

Every homeowner has liability insurance for an negligent discharge that causes a loss to someone. This doesn't include an intentional shooting. For instance, if someone breaks in and you shoot them, your homeowners coverage wont cover it but if you accident shoot someone, your homeowners should cover it.

Every homeowner has liability insurance for an negligent discharge that causes a loss to someone. This doesn't include an intentional shooting. For instance, if someone breaks in and you shoot them, your homeowners coverage wont cover it but if you accident shoot someone, your homeowners should cover it.

And again, why would I need insurance if I shoot someone? If its a good shoot, I'm fine, no need for insurance. If it's a bad shoot, I'm going to jail. If the other person sues, I'm hosed. I don't think any insurance would cover that. So again, why would I need insurance?

If you kill someone with your car, and your sued, does auto insurance cover you for that? Not rhetorical, I actually don't know the answer.

Yes your insurance will pay to the limits of the insurance for a auto accident. There is insurance that excists for a fatal shooting for self-defense. Also, if the author of this post is who I think he is, he has an organization called, "citizens legal defense network" (I think)

And again, why would I need insurance if I shoot someone? If its a good shoot, I'm fine, no need for insurance. If it's a bad shoot, I'm going to jail. If the other person sues, I'm hosed. I don't think any insurance would cover that. So again, why would I need insurance?

If you kill someone with your car, and your sued, does auto insurance cover you for that? Not rhetorical, I actually don't know the answer.

You don't. It's just another demokkkRat gun control scheme, to try and make gun ownership so onerous and expensive that few people will want to do it,,,

o_OThat is why I practice shooting each weekend! And any intruder Will be found with a knife near them!!!

Way to go. You've just announced to the entire world that you will tamper with evidence in the event you are forced to shoot someone fatally.

You've GOT to be careful about what you say in social media. It CAN come back to bite your butt.

NY congresswoman would mandate liability insurance for gun owners

Anti-gun New York Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney today introduced legislation that would mandate liability insurance for gun owners and fine them up to $10,000 if they don't have it, according to The Hill.

<broken link removed>

("Obamacare" for gun owners???)))
And the USSC has already ruled that such a requirement would be a tax. They said so in their ruling on Obamacare when they said that it was within the authority of Congress to impose the mandated insurance purchase because it was really a tax. This proposal would also be a tax. If not, then Congress would have no authority to require such a purchase. And you cannot tax a civil right, like the right to keep and bear firearms. But thanks for playing, Congresswoman Maloney.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top