Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Proposal: Mandatory liability insurance for gun owners

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, May 29, 2015.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

When I no longer am forced to carry uninsured motorist insurance because every motorist is insured I will at that point remotely consider...

Oh wait.

Driving is a privilege not a right. Let's tax the voting polls then.... Wait that was ruled unconstitutional.

3. SCARed

SCARed Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

YA, I just don't get liability insurance for firearms. Whats it going to get you that a lawsuit won't?

forefathersrback and BoonDocks36 like this.
  4. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

EXACTLY!

forefathersrback likes this.
  5. Dustin Landreth

Dustin Landreth Lowell and in Eugene daily New Member

Every homeowner has liability insurance for an negligent discharge that causes a loss to someone. This doesn't include an intentional shooting. For instance, if someone breaks in and you shoot them, your homeowners coverage wont cover it but if you accident shoot someone, your homeowners should cover it.

6. SCARed

SCARed Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

And again, why would I need insurance if I shoot someone? If its a good shoot, I'm fine, no need for insurance. If it's a bad shoot, I'm going to jail. If the other person sues, I'm hosed. I don't think any insurance would cover that. So again, why would I need insurance?

If you kill someone with your car, and your sued, does auto insurance cover you for that? Not rhetorical, I actually don't know the answer.

blackadder and BoonDocks36 like this.
  7. Dustin Landreth

Dustin Landreth Lowell and in Eugene daily New Member

Yes your insurance will pay to the limits of the insurance for a auto accident. There is insurance that excists for a fatal shooting for self-defense. Also, if the author of this post is who I think he is, he has an organization called, "citizens legal defense network" (I think)

8. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

You don't. It's just another demokkkRat gun control scheme, to try and make gun ownership so onerous and expensive that few people will want to do it,,,

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I wouldn't have a problem with this scheme if they compelled ALL stupid people within our borders to carry a "dumb a$$" insurance rider FIRST.

blackadder and BoonDocks36 like this.
  10. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Way to go. You've just announced to the entire world that you will tamper with evidence in the event you are forced to shoot someone fatally.

You've GOT to be careful about what you say in social media. It CAN come back to bite your butt.

11. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

And the USSC has already ruled that such a requirement would be a tax. They said so in their ruling on Obamacare when they said that it was within the authority of Congress to impose the mandated insurance purchase because it was really a tax. This proposal would also be a tax. If not, then Congress would have no authority to require such a purchase. And you cannot tax a civil right, like the right to keep and bear firearms. But thanks for playing, Congresswoman Maloney.

12. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

The 2nd Amendment is a Right, not a privilege !

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  13. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

In before the delete....o_O

14. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015