JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ordered one of the Extar EP-9s this afternoon and am confused as to what the proper term for it is.

Never had anything like it in 40 years of firearms ownership and am not part of the tacticool ninja crowd so no idea what it is.

Maybe just a pistol?

It is AR-patterned, sort of. Has an "arm brace" and not a "stock" so doesn't need a tax stamp or anything. It's a pistol caliber (9mm) and takes Glock magazines.

Should be a whole lot of fun, but no idea what to refer to it as...

3018.jpg

1763.jpg

1762.jpg

Pistol
Firearm.

PCC would indicate both a shoulder stock and a barrel of 16+"

As this does not have either, it's simply a large pistol.

or a Firearm (looking at the class of AR "pistols" with 12+" barrels and greater than 26" OAL :rolleyes: )

I have heard great things about these, especially for the price! Can you give some personal experience after some trigger time? Whenever I go to the website they are OOS.

Also, I'd refer to it as a PCC personally:

SMG <-- I think pistol caliber, full auto.
SBR <-- I think an NFA registered rifle in any caliber
PCC <-- I think a pistol caliber, semi-auto, overall length TBD

In IDPA, and as Ruger sells them:

PCC = Pistol Caliber Carbine ... If it ain't a Carbine, it ain't a PCC.

"A carbine, from French carabine, is a long gun firearm but with a shorter barrel than a rifle or musket. Many carbines are shortened versions of full-length rifles, shooting the same ammunition, while others fire lower-powered ammunition, including types designed for pistols." Wikipedia

Therefore, a braced AR pistol, etc, is not a carbine.

Ruger PCC 9
45399-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews