JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got an Xds. Shoot fine with ball ammo and ejects nice but when I have live Personal Defense rounds in and try to eject they seem to get stuck unless I pull back really hard. Has anyone else had this problem or is it because still pretty new?

Due to ammo shortages, I have only been able to get hardball, so I guess my XDs is fine. I do have some seven round magazines coming for mine but they are not here yet. Five rounds work well. I would like to try some PDX or Hydroshocks but I have not seen them on the shelf.

Due to ammo shortages, I have only been able to get hardball, so I guess my XDs is fine. I do have some seven round magazines coming for mine but they are not here yet. Five rounds work well. I would like to try some PDX or Hydroshocks but I have not seen them on the shelf.

I am having problems with the hydroshocks. I can get you at least 1 Xds 7 rounder right now if you need one

I re-read your post, I was thinking you said something else....anyways

It seems to do that with fmj as well. Along with heavy springs, I think these are made with some pretty tight tolerances.
Mine is fine as long as I pull the slide back in one good pull. But if you try to ease it back, the round doesn't get pushed outward hard enough and just kinda sticks in the ejection port.

I don't usually pull the slide on my hanguns back slowly anyways, so it's a non issue. If it bothers you though, contact springfield and keep me/us in the loop. If it is an issue, I would bo ok with getting it fixed so It doesnt do that.

On another note, when you insert the mag with the slide closed...
If you rack it too slowly, does the slide get caught on the end of the bullet casing?

Defence ammo gets stuck when you hand cycle it through the gun? I think this is what you are saying.

I traded my first XDs to get a gun I realy wanted. The gun was rare, and he wanted my XDs, so I traded. I then went out and bought another XDs. I like the way it carried, pointed and shot.

My first Xds was dificult to hand cycle ammo through. I would drop the mag and cycle the slide to remove the round in the barrel. Most often my HP Ranger would get stuck in the exection port. I could not pull the slide any further back. It was maxed to the rear. I had to use a nuckle and rap the round back in the chamber and down the mag well from the top to dislodge and remove the round. Pushing the round out would damage the round buy deforming the edge of the hollow point bullet. Knocking it back in and down the mag well at least save damage,and allowed future use.

My new XDs must have a larger ejection port. Ammo from the same box cycles fine through the new gun. I tried all my 45Hollow Point ammo and it's fine in the new gun.

I'd send your gun back or open up the ejection port.
My first XDs ran great. I just had to fight unloading it if I wanted to use my prefered ammo.

A little off topic- but my Sig P238 doesn't like to feed rounds like Hydrashoks by hand but does fine when shooting them. I think the force of a round working the action is much snappier then by hand and that let's the extractor work when it doesn't by hand. That's my $0.02 anyway

Yea, that's what he's describing. I've seen it happen with ball on mine, but I really have to baby the slide for that to happen.

I think it's a magazine/feed ramp issue. The mag spring are really stiff, to it just jams stuff together.

It feeds itself fine so far when shooting, but if issues arise from firing jhp's. springfield should a call.

Yes. A violent cycle allways helps. Just like you shouldn't ride a slide or bolt closed on a semi gun. You should cycle any gun like you mean it.
However unfired ammo would still get stuck when aggressivly hand cycling on my first XDs. It was better to slow cycle that gun and control the ejecting bullet to prevent it from geting stuck. With a little finess bullet sticking was preventible. So realy not a big deal once I figured how to treat the gun when unloading. Some XDs pistols are not like normal guns. They have an issue with a smaller ejection port. On my second XDs you could slow cycle on ejection and it would not jam. There was a change made to the guns. Or at least a diferance between my two XDs pistols. If it helps my first XDs sn# was 5353xx. My new one is #6181xx The ejection port is aprox 1.2015'' at the top. And 1.2030'' wide just above the ejectior hook. On this new XDs you can see the front of the exection port opens up as it lowers. I did not measure my first XDs. If it realy bothered me I would have opened up the ejection port on it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top