JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Remember this? We are shopping for a cargo trailer and the bass turds are going to tax it.

* Oregon New Vehicle Privilege Tax: Oregon Resident New Vehicle Privilege Tax (0.5% taxes applies to any new vehicle or trailer purchased by an Oregon Resident after 1/1/2018, even if it does not require registration.)

That's why I buy used.

That and the vehicle loosing 20% of its value when you drive off the lot:rolleyes:
I get that, but it seems like I usually end up with someone else's problem. It's not much money, but I'm tired of giving the government more and more of my money. Add it all up and about half of our gross income is gone.

Good old Oregon taxes. I got somthing saying Ive never paid my PDX art taxes....accidentally fell into the shreader like the others.

Lol!! Im serious.
Are they saying folks that buy a new vehicle are rich and have to pay a tax?
You have the "privilege" of "being able to afford a new vehicle" :rolleyes: I do wonder though... why don't they apply that tax to the lending institutions who are loaning people the money to buy new cars? Especially the "buy here, pay here" places with up to 38% APR interest rates? (or more, I've seen the ads for "check cash now/auto title loans" with 150%+ interest rates on the Native reservations :eek:)

You have the "privilege" of "being able to afford a new vehicle" :rolleyes: I do wonder though... why don't they apply that tax to the lending institutions who are loaning people the money to buy new cars? Especially the "buy here, pay here" places with up to 38% APR interest rates? (or more, I've seen the ads for "check cash now/auto title loans" with 150%+ interest rates on the Native reservations :eek:)

Simple... because businesses don't pay taxes, their customers do via higher prices to cover the taxes. Where do you think the main source of inflation comes from? Increased government taxes and "fees".

o_O

There are so many hidden taxes we pay and most people have no idea how much of their income goes to one government or another. Tires, batteries, a buck on a can of paint. The fees, permits and licenses really chap my tail.

Oregon State gas tax = $0.34/gal
Portland Gas Tax = $0.10/gal
Multnomah County = $0.03/gal

Average gas station profit = $0.03/gal

Big Oil Profit = $0.07/gal

What if you bought it in WA?

They got ya covered! See "Vehicle use tax". Just to be clear--this isn't a tax you pay for the
privilege of buying a new car. It's a tax the DEALER pays for the privilege of selling vehicles
in Oregon. The DEALER pays the tax, and I'm 0% sure that .5% tax won't get passed on to the consumer.
It will be more like 5%----to cover paperwork and such.

Two new Oregon vehicle taxes began January 1, 2018:

• The vehicle privilege tax is a tax for the privilege of selling vehicles in Oregon.
  • The vehicle use tax applies to vehicles purchased from dealers outside of Oregon that are required to be registered and titled in Oregon.

One-half of 1 percent is due on the retail price of any taxable vehicle.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top