JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
seriously... this topic always gets old...

do what you want with your sales... it's your gun, your rules...

BUT don't insist that others follow your preference, as this is a free country and should still remain so... it doesn't matter what the law asks... it matters what I ask....

if you have no problems with a no doc sale, go for it... but don't insist that others do.. it goes against the rules of a free society...

Criticism is valid for anybody who's requiring something not required by law. It's a free country- exactly. That doesn't mean free from criticism.

The social standard is what it becomes through dicusssions like this. People engaging in conversations, discussing things, coming to voluntary agreeements about what is acceptable (within the formal boundaries of the codified law.) It's called "civil society".

For everybody participating actively in this conversation, there are probably ten more listening in and forming their opinions that way. It's all worthwhile.

I agree you have a right to criticize, just dont insist your way is how
It should be done...

The law is the minimum required, it does not limit additional requirements I may decide I want to add because it makes me sleep better at night whether or not it is needed...

People who insist that nothing should be added above what the law asks should be thankful the law does not ask for more... It gives us freedom to choose...

I choose to ask for ID and bill of sale... The hassle of any LEO looking into my life even if it goes nowhere is troule I dont need...

Am I fearful? Yes, because in the wrong hands my gun can do harm, and legally required or not, that knowledge will affect my peace of mind...

So for my own selfish reasons, I want ID and BOS...

Not sure why my post upset you so much. All I was saying was "I cant believe how many extra rules people like to say are laws." I did not try to push anything on anyone. I just showed how the law was written and what the OP could do if he chose based on LAW.

I have refused sales to people that I know were 100% legal because of an attitude problem and I have made sales exactly following the law.

Safer then what? Too safe for what? What exactly are you worried is going to happen?

Your prior post was factual and informative...

This quote above is condescending and shows you think we are being unreasonable... That is the post that makes me think you assume you know whats best for us...

I'm not upset at all but Stick with facts and not veiled insults questioning a persons ability to decide for themselves...

Your prior post was factual and informative...

This quote above is condescending and shows you think we are being unreasonable... That is the post that makes me think you assume you know whats best for us...

I'm not upset at all but Stick with facts and not veiled insults questioning a persons ability to decide for themselves...

They were not condescending. They are legitimate questions which I fully stand by. People are "scared" of all kinds of things in life that they don't know about. By find out what the "fear" is then more factual information can be given. How can I "stick to the facts" when I don't know what facts are needed?

If someone says they are scared if something you have never asked them why? Many people get scared of the unknown or have false (meaning they have an incorrect understanding) fear of things with no true facts. So finding out what the issue is then factual information can be given so the person can make an informed choice.

Are you insulted other times people try to ask questions to solve a situation? Nothing in that post was insulting, condescending or me "knowing what is best" for others until YOU made it into that. I do not assume to know what the OP thinks so I choose to ask questions.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads