JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's interesting that you say that as the one here in Tualatin has a lot of powder and bullets, just not many primers. From what I can tell, they won't do ship to store for Oregon.
I keep pondering this primer "ship to store" situation allegedly available through Cabela's. Today, their site still says "in store only" for the primers shown as available. Which they are not, when you check individual stores. Think about it, considering the lack of primers on their shelves, they must not be getting many (any?) HAZMAT primer shipments out to the stores. Therefore, to do a "ship to store" order for an individual sale would seem to be a money-losing proposition.

And if any primers are getting through to the retail store shelves, they fly out the door so fast why would they bother with individual "ship to store" sales?

Okay, for argument's sake, say some primers are getting shipped to retail store shelves. Based on my experience, they sell out so fast that I don't know how Cabela's can possibly keep current on their website as to what might be available at their many retail stores.

Re. powder, for the limited selection shown online, there is no "in store only" restriction comment posted. And I've read some comments about people who made "ship to store" powder orders. Not all were timely or fulfilled. When "ship to store" orders arrive at the retail establishment, they are subject to in-house predation by employees or just plain confusion.

I keep pondering this primer "ship to store" situation allegedly available through Cabela's. Today, their site still says "in store only" for the primers shown as available. Which they are not, when you check individual stores. Think about it, considering the lack of primers on their shelves, they must not be getting many (any?) HAZMAT primer shipments out to the stores. Therefore, to do a "ship to store" order for an individual sale would seem to be a money-losing proposition.

And if any primers are getting through to the retail store shelves, they fly out the door so fast why would they bother with individual "ship to store" sales?

Okay, for argument's sake, say some primers are getting shipped to retail store shelves. Based on my experience, they sell out so fast that I don't know how Cabela's can possibly keep current on their website as to what might be available at their many retail stores.

Re. powder, for the limited selection shown online, there is no "in store only" restriction comment posted. And I've read some comments about people who made "ship to store" powder orders. Not all were timely or fulfilled. When "ship to store" orders arrive at the retail establishment, they are subject to in-house predation by employees or just plain confusion.
So it seems they have started to allow ship to store for Oregon stores again for powder, since last I checked. Also noticed that it says the Springfield store has SP, LP, SR and LR primers in stock. (Take with grain of salt, results may vary)

American Reloading has Ginex primers for $349/5k with free shipping including hazmat. Since they sell at this price to the general public, it's a little tough for a business to make a profit. Perhaps sell at $80 to $90/k as a way of getting people in the door?

I've purchased several 5k boxes of these. They're packed in sleeves of 100 so not as convenient as a brick of 1k. I can tell you that the sleeves don't have any tape on them, so if you drop a sleeve in a gravel parking lot, you might not find all of them! :s0112:

American Reloading has Ginex primers for $349/5k with free shipping including hazmat. Since they sell at this price to the general public, it's a little tough for a business to make a profit. Perhaps sell at $80 to $90/k as a way of getting people in the door?

I've purchased several 5k boxes of these. They're packed in sleeves of 100 so not as convenient as a brick of 1k. I can tell you that the sleeves don't have any tape on them, so if you drop a sleeve in a gravel parking lot, you might not find all of them! :s0112:
Had that happen at Walmart. It was a closeout sale on magnum pistol primers for cheap. The 100 count boxes were not taped. I warned the girl checking me out, but she managed to dump the first one that she picked up. She started to pick them up by hand and asked me if I still wanted them. I said never mind on the ones that she dumped.

She taped the other boxes up for me.

I had several hundred arrive loose when I purchased them but, they were all there. Took about an hour to put them all back in their individual sleeves but easy to inventory them in boxes of 100

We here at Pewnitions Factory Are looking at bringing in primers to sell. However, we need some feedback to see if this is gonna be worth while. We can only bring them in paying retail prices, but we can bring enough in to offset the hazmat and shipping fees. My question is if we have to sell these at $11 per 100 would anyone be interested at that price? This is what we would have to charge to barely be over break even. Any feedback would be very appreciated. If there is enough interest we will order some.

Thanks in advance.
That's a tough sell. Currently online at 329 for 5K.

Just picked some up the other day, although they are still limiting them to 2 sleeves
so did I , now when I go to sportsmans I take my wife so I can grab 400 primers at $5.50 a sleeve but I think we paid less than that last trip
im averaging 4 sleeves or so a week slowly building back my stock before the next dry up comes , election year coming up and shelves will go dry again

Sportsman's has CCI primers on and off at $5.50 per sleeve
Not sure if I should admit this but here goes...

Was visiting family in SE Washington a week ago. I could not believe when I walked into Sportsman's Wharehouse and saw a whole shelf full of Fiocchi small pistol primers in sleeves of 150. Over about a six day period, I picked up 3,000 between myself and family members who I "encouraged" to go to the store with me. The price was just under $60.00 per thousand.

Personally, I had not seen any primers in my local SW since mid-January and did not find any during my trip up HWY 97 in Oregon.

As we were gassing up before leaving town to head south, my family asked if I needed to make one more stop before leaving town. However, I could not in good conscious do so. Consequently, we left knowing there were still primers on the shelf and me questioning if the local reloaders only liked to play with big-boy rifle components.

At any rate, thanks PNW for leaving me some primers. It made up for the dismal inventory of newer handguns that I was expecting to get to see but did not find in local current inventory...

Not sure if I should admit this but here goes...

Was visiting family in SE Washington a week ago. I could not believe when I walked into Sportsman's Wharehouse and saw a whole shelf full of Fiocchi small pistol primers in sleeves of 150. Over about a six day period, I picked up 3,000 between myself and family members who I "encouraged" to go to the store with me. The price was just under $60.00 per thousand.

Personally, I had not seen any primers in my local SW since mid-January and did not find any during my trip up HWY 97 in Oregon.

As we were gassing up before leaving town to head south, my family asked if I needed to make one more stop before leaving town. However, I could not in good conscious do so. Consequently, we left knowing there were still primers on the shelf and me questioning if the local reloaders only liked to play with big-boy rifle components.

At any rate, thanks PNW for leaving me some primers. It made up for the dismal inventory of newer handguns that I was expecting to get to see but did not find in local current inventory...
Glad you got some and yeah, we like our big rifle here. That's not too say we don't use both.
Someone help me out here, I thought SW was selling three Fiocchi at $8.25 a pack? Can anyone confirm the $6 a pack?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews