JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We here at Pewnitions Factory Are looking at bringing in primers to sell. However, we need some feedback to see if this is gonna be worth while. We can only bring them in paying retail prices, but we can bring enough in to offset the hazmat and shipping fees. My question is if we have to sell these at $11 per 100 would anyone be interested at that price? This is what we would have to charge to barely be over break even. Any feedback would be very appreciated. If there is enough interest we will order some.

Thanks in advance.

I can only speak for myself but that would be too high to prompt me to buy at least at this point in time.
And that is what we are worried about and why we are asking. Don't want to spend a couple 1000 dollars on them to not be able to sell them.

As most current retail is $90 to $160 I think you'd be able to sell at $110 pretty easy.
Basically we would be saving everyone the hasmat fees etc due to quantity. This would be more to help everyone out than anything. Just as a business we cant lose money on them either.

Basically we would be saving everyone the hasmat fees etc due to quantity. This would be more to help everyone out than anything. Just as a business we cant lose money on them either.
I can understand that and I think a lot of it would likely depend on what kind, size and type of Primers you could get.
With the current base order price of most Pistol and small rifle being $90-$100 before S&H(around $40-60 now). So $110 isn't too bad considering almost all the local stores and big chain stores are charging $120 and up with only 1 or 2 exceptions. But that's my area so yours might be different.

I can understand that and I think a lot of it would likely depend on what kind, size and type of Primers you could get.
With the current base order price of most Pistol and small rifle being $90-$100 before S&H(around $40-60 now). So $110 isn't too bad considering almost all the local stores and big chain stores are charging $120 and up with only 1 or 2 exceptions. But that's my area so yours might be different.
And that is kinda what we are thinking. THe prices are insane to begin with and when someone is only ordering a case. the shipping makes it that much worse. However, most people cant bring in 20 or 30 cases at a time to offset that. .

Some time spent searching online will usually allow me to purchase small pistol primers cheaper. Below is a current pricing for CCI #500 primers, $65 per thousand plus shipping hazardous material $30 fee.
If I bought 5000 in Oregon, I believe the total cost delivered to me is $355. About $71 per thousand.

I can find a current ad for primers that are not manufactured in America that are less expensive then the CCI listed above.

Some time spent searching online will usually allow me to purchase small pistol primers cheaper. Below is a current pricing for CCI #500 primers, $65 per thousand plus shipping hazardous material $30 fee.
If I bought 5000 in Oregon, I believe the total cost delivered to me is $355. About $71 per thousand.

I can find a current ad for primers that are not manufactured in America that are less expensive then the CCI listed above.

Thats not bad at all. Thats cheaper than we pay for OEM primers directly from CCI.

Don't know who heartlandgl is so not sure I'd buy from them and libertysurvival charges $30 for hazmat and $18 for what they call a "table rate" not even sure what that is.

Don't know who heartlandgl is so not sure I'd buy from them and libertysurvival charges $30 for hazmat and $18 for what they call a "table rate" not even sure what that is.
By all means, you should only buy from somewhere you trust..
My only point is the original poster is inquiring about if they should begin stocking and selling primers for $110 per thousand. I recently bought several thousand CCI #500 for $90 per case at Cabelas.

Personally, I wouldn't touch them at $11/100, considering I've seen Fiocchi small pistol primers at Sportsman's for $5.50/100, which is a more reasonable price. But I'm also not desperate for primers, as some may be…

Just one ole guys opinion.

Personally, I wouldn't touch them at $11/100, considering I've seen Fiocchi small pistol primers at Sportsman's for $5.50/100, which is a more reasonable price. But I'm also not desperate for primers, as some may be…

Just one ole guys opinion.
Ok, I've got to ask, where'd you find those for that price, I've only seen them for $85 or more?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews