JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got a note from Quantico Tactical--I know there've been some issues but I personally have had good luck with them--advertising the base M1 Carbine, model AOM130, for $700 (MSRP $850).

I know exactly what this is and is not--it's a new rifle made as a range/HD shooter, not a Full On Military Grade or Collector Piece, not meant to hold "cash value" as an "investment." My intent is something that I can use for HD, while still tacking to my preference of WWII-era designs, without busting my budget--someday I'll go all-out on a Fulton or similar for the High End option.

Bearing in mind declining supply and increasing price of originals, and bearing in mind that I'm not looking at Collector/Blue Book/Resale value, and can't exactly trek into the boonies or even far around Puget Sound, how do these numbers sound to you guys?

I paid just short of a K for my new manufacture Inland .30 Carbine.....So $700.00 sounds real good! I'd say if you can't find anything derogatory on line, go for it. It's sure a sweet little rifle, that's for sure.

These rifles have a problem with jamming (failure to feed) and have difficulties with proper fitting magazines. I like a great M1 Carbine (I am a "true believer"). If you want a "lifetime" M1 Carbine for "bedside duty"/PD/light hunting, Spend the $1300+ for a James River Armory "Rockola" M1 Carbine. You will not be disappointed!

Just got a note from Quantico Tactical--I know there've been some issues but I personally have had good luck with them--advertising the base M1 Carbine, model AOM130, for $700 (MSRP $850).

I know exactly what this is and is not--it's a new rifle made as a range/HD shooter, not a Full On Military Grade or Collector Piece, not meant to hold "cash value" as an "investment." My intent is something that I can use for HD, while still tacking to my preference of WWII-era designs, without busting my budget--someday I'll go all-out on a Fulton or similar for the High End option.

Bearing in mind declining supply and increasing price of originals, and bearing in mind that I'm not looking at Collector/Blue Book/Resale value, and can't exactly trek into the boonies or even far around Puget Sound, how do these numbers sound to you guys?

There is an original in the classifieds for that.