JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Manufacturer
Winchester
City
Wilsonville
State
Oregon
Hi all, I'm in search of a 1942-44 M1 carbine .30 semi-automatic rifle magazine. If anyone has one or can source one to sell, please let me know! I have tried myself and I'm hoping someone out here has a deeper reach than I do. Thanks so much in advance and if you have any questions please feel free to ask me!

20240323_121528.jpg Screenshot_20240323_121453_Gallery.jpg 20240323_120137.jpg 20240323_115657.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
How would identify one from 1942-44 if not in original wrapper?

Bruce
They were not year marked. USGI WWI 15 rd. magazines have a letter code stamped in the spine. There were 3 different floor plates styles that changed through the war. I don't know if there were specific dates that the floorplates changed. My reference book calls them type 1, 2 and 3. Are you looking for a manufacturer code that matches your carbine? There were manufacturer (Winchester, Inland, Rock Ola etc.) coded mags and general issue. They are commonly sold on eBay and Gunbroker. I have several that I can sell. PM if interested or just want info on carbines.

They were not year marked. USGI WWI 15 rd. magazines have a letter code stamped in the spine. There were 3 different floor plates styles that changed through the war. I don't know if there were specific dates that the floorplates changed. My reference book calls them type 1, 2 and 3. Are you looking for a manufacturer code that matches your carbine? There were manufacturer (Winchester, Inland, Rock Ola etc.) coded mags and general issue. They are commonly sold on eBay and Gunbroker. I have several that I can sell. PM if interested or just want info on carbines.

The years are based on the serial number. So my serial number, indicates that the gun was made somewhere between 42 and 44 most likely in 1943 according to everything I can tell from the seriall number. I'm not so sure about the type 1 2 3, I'll have to do some reading based on what you said and I'll get back to you.

I am looking for a usable magazine, in good working order. The carbine came to me through my father And unfortunately the magazine had been separated from it and lost.

I'm going to try to figure out if there's a way to tell which three character stamp goes to my serial number.

If you know how to do that, I would be much grateful! Thank you.

I am looking for a usable magazine, in good working order. The carbine came to me through my father And unfortunately the magazine had been separated from it and lost.

I'm going to try to figure out if there's a way to tell which three character stamp goes to my serial number.

If you know how to do that, I would be much grateful! Thank you.
See the charts that I posted above. All of the mag codes are listed for the carbine manufacturers.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.