JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's a "Form 1?" Also, I understand they (machined adapter) are legal to own, but if you screw a car oil filter onto one on your firearm THAT would be illegal as then it's a home made suppressor?

Too many damned laws these days.

A form 4 is a permission slip to buy a silencer. You fill out a form , pay $200, get fingerprinted and attach a picture and send it in. Takes over a year currently to get approved to buy one on a form 4.

A form 1 is a permission slip to build a silencer. You fill out a form online, attach a selfie and send some prints in, pay $200. Takes 3 WEEKS to get approved. Then you do some machine work , drill some holes etc. Get it engraved with your information and you are good to go. Depending on your skill with machine tools and hand tools and how well you can follow simple instructions you can make a bad silencer or a really good one.

Basically it comes down to how handy are you? Most people cant build their own silencer. Most people are soft.

A form 4 is a permission slip to buy a silencer. You fill out a form , pay $200, get fingerprinted and attach a picture and send it in. Takes over a year currently to get approved to buy one on a form 4.

A form 1 is a permission slip to build a silencer. You fill out a form online, attach a selfie and send some prints in, pay $200. Takes 3 WEEKS to get approved. Then you do some machine work , drill some holes etc. Get it engraved with your information and you are good to go. Depending on your skill with machine tools and hand tools and how well you can follow simple instructions you can make a bad silencer or a really good one.

Basically it comes down to how handy are you? Most people cant build their own silencer. Most people are soft.
Hmmm!

Are there places you can mail an incomplete off to get engraved, or do you need to be there?

Thanks.

Hmmm!

Are there places you can mail an incomplete off to get engraved, or do you need to be there?

Thanks.
Plenty of places. I use a local Class 3 and she does outstanding work for $25-$30 ( plus return shipping )

but theres other inexpensive options

( $30 WITH return shipping )...

Last Edited:
Plenty of places

Thanks!

...even more "hmmm" on wether to enter into NFA stamp land...

-get trap gizmos
-send trap gizmos off to get serialized
-file paperwork & pay $200/gizmo
-wait what sounds about a month for approval
-get stamp & finish serialized trap gizmos into legal suppressors

Sound about rite?

Ti Tube from SD Tactical UNLESS you want a QD setup . If you do want QD get a Hawk innovative Tech ASR tube. You can use a Silencerco QD on one side ( $50 or $140 )

60 degree 17-4 or 303 Cones from Pure Performance Armory ( 7 @ $20 a pop and one heat treated cone for $24 )

Ti End cap(s) from preppers discount. ( $35 each )

Total cost for a QD can that will handle .223 or 300 Win Mag for that matter if you make it 30 cal is about $470. ( the QD mounts are $130 )
Non QD thread on closer to $250.

oyCGVb.jpg

Last Edited:
Nope, I want to form one a can for my AR pistol. I haz the tools necessary, and have always wanted a can. The DIY form 1 approach is not only cheaper and faster, but there's some satisfaction in building your stuff vs buying it.
Hell, I got a coupla AR pistols... Now you've got me thinking I could/should Form 1 a build myself... o_O

Ti Tube from SD Tactical UNLESS you want a QD setup . If you do want QD get a Hawk innovative Tech ASR tube. You can use a Silencerco QD on one side ( $50 or $140 )

60 degree 17-4 or 303 Cones from Pure Performance Armory ( 7 @ $20 a pop and one heat treated cone for $24 )

Ti End cap(s) from preppers discount. ( $35 each )

Total cost for a QD can that will handle .223 or 300 Win Mag for that matter if you make it 30 cal is about $470. ( the QD mounts are $130 )
Non QD thread on closer to $250.

View attachment 702514
Doesn't sound like there's any machining in the above, just assembly?

Ad blockers work.
I haven't seen an ad for years.
But then again I live on the cutting edge of life.
I use AdBlock on a Mac running Safari, and my search engine is DuckDuckGo. Never have problems with unwanted ads or targeting. I also don't touch anything "Google", "Samsung", or "Alexa" related.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top