JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

I don't use Facebook that often. Really just to keep in touch with some old military buddies. Today I saw this Ad on my feed...

IMG_6500.jpg

Considering I keep things 100% legal, don't visit any sketchy sites, and the only online firearm related things I do is visit this forum and buy ammo I'm not sure why this Ad is focused at me.

For those of you that don't know: Don't buy these "fuel filter" or "solvent traps"....It's a pretty great way to get flagged by certain agencies.

I wonder what algorithm cause this to crop up on my page?

I've been seeing it pop up here and there. This tracking bubblegum is creepy. No wonder why I hate the internet so much. I would be perfectly happy if we all went back to dial up and BBS's tomorrow.

So if you click on the ad, do black helicopters descend upon you in the night cuz the federales think you're trying to buy a can without the stamp?

To @cigars point, someone who thought they knew me better than they actually do got me one of these Alexa things last Christmas.
On a lark, I charged it up and set it in the room and promptly forgot about it.
A few days later, I'm talking with a good buddy on the phone. He asks about what I've got going on that day.
"Not much, but I gotta make sure I get some cat food. I'm out..."

Fast forward to the next time I get on my computer, and I'm bombarded with cat food and cat item ads. WTF??? o_Oo_Oo_O
I went to the range that weekend, and took Alexa with me. Two went out, one came back... ;)

Last Edited:
Hey Folks,

I don't use Facebook that often. Really just to keep in touch with some old military buddies. Today I saw this Ad on my feed...

View attachment 699004

Considering I keep things 100% legal, don't visit any sketchy sites, and the only online firearm related things I do is visit this forum and buy ammo I'm not sure why this Ad is focused at me.

For those of you that don't know: Don't buy these "fuel filter" or "solvent traps"....It's a pretty great way to get flagged by certain agencies.

I wonder what algorithm cause this to crop up on my page?

I do not understand the ad or what all of it means.

Parts or filters or what? What would those things do or be for? Maybe I need to make the print bigger.

Confused Cate

I've been seeing it pop up here and there. This tracking bubblegum is creepy. No wonder why I hate the internet so much. I would be perfectly happy if we all went back to dial up and BBS's tomorrow.

^^^

This and I agree with what you said a thousand times over!

Cate

Okay and I think that I understand what you guys are talking about so I will not make the print bigger to read it on this forum.

Cate

That's the problem with NFA stuff.

Where are legitimate places to buy parts from to build what you want, once you have a stamp, vs scams/illegal stuff.

Seems to me like a bunch of entrapment schemes.

If each and everyone of those types of places which sold stuff in the US had explicit directions on how to go about building your own, after legally applying & such. No problem.

However it seems most of those places don't explain the legitimate process. Sadly.

Hey Folks,

I have more solvent traps than I have solvent to trap so I use the excess parts to make silencers with. Only issue Ive ever had was I had a 1" OD 8" long tube with undrilled "traps" seized in customs once. They sent me a nice letter saying that if I wanted it I could file a bond and take them to court, blah blah blah. They basically stole it. Pissed me off because I wanted to make a silencer for a high standard with it. So I had to buy one from a US company that imports them from China. Most of the ones they sell these days arent out and out silencers. They need a little machine work to turn into one which sometimes consists of just drilling a hole. Plenty of US companies selling solvent traps and parts that are just basically 80% silencers and the ATF lets them do it. I think Ive got 10-12 Form 1 solvent trap cans. Flag away. Add it to my extensive file.

I have more solvent traps than I have solvent to trap so I use the excess parts to make silencers with. Only issue Ive ever had was I had a 1" OD 8" long tube with undrilled "traps" seized in customs once. They sent me a nice letter saying that if I wanted it I could file a bond and take them to court, blah blah blah. They basically stole it. Pissed me off because I wanted to make a silencer for a high standard with it. So I had to buy one from a US company that imports them from China. Most of the ones they sell these days arent out and out silencers. They need a little machine work to turn into one which sometimes consists of just drilling a hole. Plenty of US companies selling solvent traps and parts that are just basically 80% silencers and the ATF lets them do it. I think Ive got 10-12 Form 1 solvent trap cans. Flag away. Add it to my extensive file.

How well do those converted Form-1 solvent traps work compared to a commercially manufactured suppressor?

How well do those converted Form-1 solvent traps work compared to a commercially manufactured suppressor?
Pretty good. Some of them are as good or better. Some arent all that good but theyre cheap. It depends. Volume makes up for it. The aluminum chinese cans are good for .22's and the like. Ive got one that is huge on a SBR AR and its the quietest in existence that Ive ever heard but its got the internal volume of a loaf of bread so thats to be expected.

9mm Solvent trap...

1jMzic.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews