JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did press bias burst forth in coverage about trooper murder weapon?

Has press bias against gun shows burst forth in coverage appearing in several Puget Sound-area newspapers regarding the source of the murder weapon used by cop-killer Joshua Blake in February against State Trooper Tony Radulescu?

<broken link removed>

It was also in today's (Monday's) The Columbian on the bottom of page C2. I also questioned the heading but hadn't gotten around to writing them about it. It's in the Northwest briefs from news services so The Columbian probably just parroted the other stories.
Troopers killer may have bought weapon at gun show
Recently released records show that the felon who shot and killed Washington State Trooper Tony Radulescu in February likely inherited the murder weapon from his father or bought it at a gun show.
The Kitsap Sun reports that agents of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives traced the .40 caliber Smith & Wesson to it's last documented sale, at a Monroe gun show in 2009. Its buyer at that sale said he's 99 percent he later sold the weapon to Joshua Blake at a Port Angeles gun show.
But the ATF's report also notes that it could have been Blake's father who bought the gun, and that Blake might have inherited it when his father died about a year before the shooting.
Blake shot and killed the trooper on Feb 23 during a traffic stop. He used the same gun to kill himself later that day.

"He may have" vs. "He may NOT have"

One little word that could be easily applied, they the MSM chose the anti gun side and ran with it. I watched the one channel I think KCPQ? 13, from Seattle, said that it was possible that Blake's father possibly purchased the gun then died and Blake inherited the weapon which was illegal for him to have.

Using the dates from the Examiner.com story Blake would have been in prison when the gunshows mentioned were held. He was released in March of 2010 and the Falcon gunshow mentioned in Port Angeles was Feb. 27-28.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top