JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
PR has a corrupt government that bankrupted their island, billions in debt and looking for a bailout. When you live under that kind of corruption it's best to have a bug out plan.o_O

Let me add to that, if you live in kali you should prep to leave. They have so much debt a big disaster would ruin the state.

Last Edited:
PR has a corrupt government that bankrupted their island, billions in debt and looking for a bailout. When you live under that kind of corruption it's best to have a bug out plan.o_O

Let me add to that, if you live in kali you should prep to leave. They have so much debt a big disaster would ruin the state.

The big difference between PR and Ca outside of one being an island is Ca still has a strong economy, outside of the state being bankrupt. Its weird. My older cousin recently sold I believe it's still a 3 bd house in what is basically the hood for $1M. A better part of the hood but hoodish none the less. They've live there since the early 70s.

Edit: Not to say there aren't a lot of reasons to get out of Ca. I won't move back until a few are resolved. I don't see a change in any of either places policies for a long time.

Last Edited:
The big difference between PR and Ca outside of one being an island is Ca still has a strong economy, outside of the state being bankrupt. Its weird. My older cousin recently sold I believe it's still a 3 bd house in what is basically the hood for $1M. A better part of the hood but hoodish none the less. They've live there since the early 70s.

Edit: Not to say there aren't a lot of reasons to get out of Ca. I won't move back until a few are resolved. I don't see a change in any of either places policies for a long time.

Just pointing out that kali is so in debt if they have a major disaster they don' have the funds to rebuild infastructure. An earthquake would destroy roads,bridges and underground pipes so if they had the money it would take a long time to rebuild. They are deeply in debt so where does the money come from to rebuild? Just saying PR and Kali are in the same boat so my opinion is be ready to jump ship.:confused:

Code:
 They are deeply in debt so where does the money come from to rebuild?
Just saying PR and Kali are in the same boat so my opinion is be ready to jump ship.

its not just Kali in debt......
USA is $18.96 trillion in debit

Very heavy sealable and fireproof box! Would be my addition to survival tips!
Splayed throughout Arkansas by a tornado, ALL the possession of a relative, including his gun, $2500.00 in backup cash along with 5, 1oz gold coins. Well, technically not all, he still owned the property, the foundation, and 1/4 of his chimney. Not even debris were left, like his yard was raked up by a Gardner.
A cardboard box hidden in the closet or under your mattress is not enough disaster insurance when everything disappears. (he had a small wall safe)
Find the heaviest old safe or bury your treasures deep (above flood zone)
Soon as you think you have a plan, sooner or later something is going to alter it.
Took him seven years to recoup roughly half of lost assets from his insurance Co.
Fortunately, through a life of education, training and background diversity, his biggest asset was himself so life, albeit set back some years, continues relatively unscathed.

They are a territory, not a foreign country.
Correct off course.......but to reiterate a point I made some time ago, the government is so backward and corrupt that even given the rule of American law and one of the most ideal climates in the world they have failed to capatilize on the advantages preferring to live more akin to a 3rd world country. My mother used to contend that people from warm climates get accustom to easy living and there societies become lazy. That explains the dominance northwestern Europe cultures have exhibited over the world. If you can get by living in a cardboard box you are not likely to be motivated to build a brick house and if you can be warm in the winter there is no reason to put up fire wood. There is no reason PR isn't equal or superior to Hawaii in quality of life or infrastructure. It is closer to the eastern and southern coasts than Hawaii, agraculture should be adaquate to produce exportable surpluses and the tourism should be world class. With the criminality and uncertainty of other Caribbean islands, the rule of law alone should give a US territory an advantage in the tourist trade not to even mention advantages for people to retire there.

Respectfully ...

Yep. Such wasted PR potential. Are there any short term PR fixes? Probably not. Long term viable PR fixes? Dunno that . The human condition. But ... I try to remember and understand that the liberal DEMOs would LOVE PR as another United State Of America.

They, (DEMOs) probably lust and long after all of those potential and real liberal votes. The DEMOs probably dream of controlling both the White House, SCOTUS and a super majority of both houses of US Government. Scary dreams for us for sure. What to do?

Try to keep President Trump in office. Let him appoint, (if possible) 3 or perhaps 4 conservative righteous proper SCOTUS judges. Let us hope for a super majority conservative count in the House and Senate. We CAN do this if we try. PR? Not the time yet. Not yet.

No real dog. Respectfully.

I just don't think it is right to dog pile on or kick them while they are down, much less put them at a disadvantage tax wise so it is harder for them to recover.

I have never been there and I don't know the intricacies of their politics or bureaucracy, etc. - but I do know they are US citizens and they should be treated as such, not like a foreign country we have no interest in. Either give them the same treatment Texas and Florida got, or cut them loose completely (i.e., declare their independence as another country) and let them figure it out on their own.

It seems to me that the tax thing was done purposely - Congress was lobbied for months on this issue, and it just ignored them. It isn't like they would have gotten a break, they just would not be punished. They are not a foreign country and the tax thing is just making it harder for them to ever have any industry there.

As I last read it, US companies operating there will not only have to pay a 4% excise tax, any goods or services from PR will have to pay a 20% tariff.

Yep. Agreed. Right now it is to the advantage of the lingering, (not for long, hopefully) tax-a-crat Liberal slime vermin to create that intolerable condition or situation with PR. Then when things get bad enough exploit the exact conditions they helped create.

Political Science 101. Dangle the hook. The Commies did this years ago. Now lots of current USA politicians do the same thing.

I understand this. Hopefully conservative politicians understand it also. But ... we need to continuously understand that right now there is not a dimes difference between the DEMOs and the deep GOP. The swamp is deep. Lots of Alligators. Maybe Orchas.

I just don't think it is right to dog pile on or kick them while they are down, much less put them at a disadvantage tax wise so it is harder for them to recover.

I have never been there and I don't know the intricacies of their politics or bureaucracy, etc. - but I do know they are US citizens and they should be treated as such, not like a foreign country we have no interest in. Either give them the same treatment Texas and Florida got, or cut them loose completely (i.e., declare their independence as another country) and let them figure it out on their own.

It seems to me that the tax thing was done purposely - Congress was lobbied for months on this issue, and it just ignored them. It isn't like they would have gotten a break, they just would not be punished. They are not a foreign country and the tax thing is just making it harder for them to ever have any industry there.

As I last read it, US companies operating there will not only have to pay a 4% excise tax, any goods or services from PR will have to pay a 20% tariff.
I was curious about what you were talking about and read up on the bill that was actually signed. The number is 12.5% (20% had been proposed) and it relates to corporations incorporated in the "Commonwealth" (off Puerto Rico) and owned by US corporations. It has been a tax loophole for 20 years that was closed. It has no direct effect on actual US Corporations only on Puerto Rican corps owned by us corps established to avoid US taxes. It is strictly a US tax accounting issue that can easily be remedied by reabsorbing the shell offshore corps back into there US owners or by PR amending there Corporate busisness code. So the way I see it Puerto Rico wants to keep the autonomy to do the things they want while crying because they are treated differently than an American state. On one hand they want to act as a sovereign country until they want or need something, then they want to be a US protectorate. it is a straw fish or cut bait issue. The effective tax rate reduction from 35 to 21% more than makes up for the lost tax loophole.

Last Edited:
There are lots of observations of the PR situation that are applicable in just about any natural disaster, even some man made ones.

The total breakdown of all infrastructure - comms, transport, water, power, and others - results in total chaos by the unprepared. The fact that PR was struggling to survive before the hurricane, with many people leaving the island over the years due to unemployment and government debt, made it pretty hard for many people to do any kind of prepping beyond possibly the basics, and even then, they were already in a day to day struggle.

This is an event, the results of which, will provide lessons for anyone interested in being prepared for disasters. This is especially applicable to the PNW should the Cascadian Subduction zone let loose - or even more so should N. Korea drop a nuke on Seattle or Portland or both (I kind of doubt that scenario though - their leader may be crazy, but he isn't an idiot, unlike ours which is a big idiot and somewhat crazy).
What have your lifes accomplishment been Doyou have your own jet? or??? Idiots do not have their own jets.

What have your lifes accomplishment been Doyou have your own jet? or??? Idiots do not have their own jets.

They most certainly do. Just because someone is rich does not make them smart or wise.

I am smart enough to never run for POTUS. I am smart enough to retire when I have enough money and not chase after money for its own sake. I am smart enough to not say 90% of the bovine fecal matter coming out of the mouth of the POTUS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top