JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw a listing for a pre ban Glock 19 mag recently. Having some additional value to people living in states where only pre ban hi capacity mags are still legal.

This spurred me to look at some. 15rd sig mags that I never use. I've seen them listed on gun broker for over $200 which made me feel sick for anyone wanting to buy them.

What do you guys gave and what do you realistically think they're worth? More over how much would a mag be worth in trade in a SHTF situation.

I saw a listing for a pre ban Glock 19 mag recently. Having some additional value to people living in states where only pre ban hi capacity mags are still legal.

This spurred me to look at some. 15rd sig mags that I never use. I've seen them listed on gun broker for over $200 which made me feel sick for anyone wanting to buy them.

What do you guys gave and what do you realistically think they're worth? More over how much would a mag be worth in trade in a SHTF situation.

Different people will have a differing view on this. Me? I would not sell them to anyone in a state that banned them. When the great Clinton mag ban was looking to me to sunset I started unloading a LOT of mags I had stored. I was selling them on Ebay. I made it clear I would not ship to any state they were not legal in. Chances are it would not matter. I just did not want to poke the bear so to speak. Not only is the person receiving them breaking the law, the person sending them may be. Not a lawyer so don't know how this would shake out. The people buying them are banking on the "you can't prove when these were owned by me." I just would not want to get on the radar of some prosecutor who is rabid anti gun. Now if you want to sell them to someone who lives where they are legal and let them do this? Hey great. See what they go for on the auctions and it will give you a good idea.

You need to read a list of states that have mag limitations. Currently no states have a pre ban mag grandfather law. Pre ban doesn't legally exist anymore. All states that ban high caps just don't sell or ship to.

If our state goes full mag-limit retard, I hope that they do it like Colorado...with a grandfather clause. I've got zillions of mags: standard, extended, and super-extended. I will never comply by getting rid of these mags!!

If our state goes full mag-limit retard, I hope that they do it like Colorado...with a grandfather clause. I've got zillions of mags: standard, extended, and super-extended. I will never comply by getting rid of these mags!!
Not having a grand father clause is stealing from civilians.

Places like California should have already had a civil war due to the state government taking or wanting to take possessions that do not belong to them.

Youde have to do like Canada pinned mags to 5 o_O

I am not sure but sending banned mags to a state that bans them might violate some federal law if done thru the post office. Not 100% sure but sounds like something that one should be aware. Maybe some one knows more about this than me.

This, I have unopened boxes stuffed with 30 round PMags I bought when they were on sale.

Don't you all know that THE common thread to all mass shootings is high capacity magazines!
Well at least according to this
Large Capacity Magazines | Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
Here and I figured the common thread was the shooters were all psychologicaly unstable and a few 10 second mag changes wouldn't have made any difference. Especially after watching this...

Who are you gunna believe, a bunch of over biased liberal lawyers, or a sheriff presenting compelling, scientific video evidence?:s0125:

I find it's importaint to look at the other side once and a while, just to stay objective... I mostly just find comic relief. Unfortunately I highly doubt the people on the that side have much interest in staying objective.. some even believe that "mags are ammunition, and eventually they'll get used up"
Nothing funny about that level of ignorance.

You need to read a list of states that have mag limitations. Currently no states have a pre ban mag grandfather law. Pre ban doesn't legally exist anymore. All states that ban high caps just don't sell or ship to.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. But Kommifornia currently does have a grandfather law still in place...until July 1, 2017, if memory serves. Mags in excess of 10 rounds have been illegal to purchase for quite some time, but if you have any that were acquired prior to the law changing, they're legal to possess...again, until July 1st. As of July 1st, possession of ANY mags in excess of 10 rounds is illegal regardless of when they were acquired.

I'll also point out that the government is offering no compensations for this CONFISCATION of personal assets.

And I'd also like to point out that our Founders would be shooting people by now.

WOLVERINES!

We didn't begin to fight until men with guns came to confiscate our forebears' rifles. We're not there yet. We may be on that road--and some states are definitely slave states with serfs who are only allowed to serve as tax slaves--but we do not yet have enough reasons to impel us to revolution.

And may God help make that day never come!

As of July 1st, possession of ANY mags in excess of 10 rounds is illegal regardless of when they were acquired.

I'll also point out that the government is offering no compensations for this CONFISCATION of personal assets.
That's why I said what I said. Even if I'm wrong, and a state does, it's short lived. California has proven it. Everything you said is why I think their officials should hang.

I don't get the question!

If I sell some mags to a Californian, just what the heck is California going to do to me? Send me a nasty letter!
I'm an Oregonian and don't live under Cali laws! Screuch California! :cool:

BTW, the very term "pre-ban" refers to the assault weapon ban of 1994-2004. Mags built before 1994 were legally grandfathered. As of 2004, pre-ban magazines have absolutely no purpose. For Coloradans, for example, a "pre-ban" mag is any magazine they owned before 2013.

I still don't understand why 23+ year old magazines have ANY value whatsoever...in any state!! The 1994 federal AWB is gone gone gone, never to return.

Don't you all know that THE common thread to all mass shootings is high capacity magazines!
Well at least according to this
Large Capacity Magazines | Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
Here and I figured the common thread was the shooters were all psychologicaly unstable and a few 10 second mag changes wouldn't have made any difference. Especially after watching this...

Who are you gunna believe, a bunch of over biased liberal lawyers, or a sheriff presenting compelling, scientific video evidence?:s0125:

I find it's importaint to look at the other side once and a while, just to stay objective... I mostly just find comic relief. Unfortunately I highly doubt the people on the that side have much interest in staying objective.. some even believe that "mags are ammunition, and eventually they'll get used up"
Nothing funny about that level of ignorance.

When that Sandyhook kook went off I had this discussion with one boss. He was anti although not rabid and knew I carried. He brought this up as "don't we need common sense laws.". I said OK picture we had a 10 round limit, or even no "evil black rifles". The kook walks in with 3 or 4 revolvers even. No one there has a gun, so what are they going to do? Run and hide while he walks up and shoots them. This of course ended the conversation because it makes sense and blows the common sense law argument up. It's why I keep trying to tell gun owners there is no such thing as compromise with these people. They will never be happy until only the elite have guns and everyone else can't have one.

BTW, the very term "pre-ban" refers to the assault weapon ban of 1994-2004. Mags built before 1994 were legally grandfathered. As of 2004, pre-ban magazines have absolutely no purpose. For Coloradans, for example, a "pre-ban" mag is any magazine they owned before 2013.

I still don't understand why 23+ year old magazines have ANY value whatsoever...in any state!! The 1994 federal AWB is gone gone gone, never to return.

From what I'm gathering is some places have banned the mags over a certain amount. Some of these places allowed those who already had mags to keep them but they had to have them before the new law went it. This was the deal with those old style Glock mags. Since they were made before the date some state set up another law. So someone there could plausibly claim the mag they have was in their possession before the state passed the new law. As so often happens when anything "law" comes up here many forget Federal and state laws are often quite different.

When that Sandyhook kook went off I had this discussion with one boss. He was anti although not rabid and knew I carried. He brought this up as "don't we need common sense laws.". I said OK picture we had a 10 round limit, or even no "evil black rifles". The kook walks in with 3 or 4 revolvers even. No one there has a gun, so what are they going to do? Run and hide while he walks up and shoots them. This of course ended the conversation because it makes sense and blows the common sense law argument up. It's why I keep trying to tell gun owners there is no such thing as compromise with these people. They will never be happy until only the elite have guns and everyone else can't have one.
I like Jessie Ventura's idea best. Hire mercenaries as janitors.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top