JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 308829

Did someone say stainless model 70?
This old classic featherweight has taken literally 1000's of pounds of elk, deer and bear over here on the "wet" side of the state.:s0116:

I remember handling one of those when I was in the market for a new rifle years ago. Nice rifles for sure. Don't hate on me, I bought a Ruger instead... :)

Very classy rifle right there John. I like it..

Thank you Sir.
I actually lost that rifle to my son who I had told. "Don't worry, if I ever miss with her she's yours"
Well, the years went by and yep that day came, just once mind you,, one miss at a bear and true to my word I handed it down.

She came back to me two years later.
I at first thought he had missed as well, that was the deal but nope, he had connected with the bear he shot at, but he wasn't talking.

It turns out (I found weeks later)
That he had left my baby sitting on a landing after packing out the bruin on his broad shoulders and just drove off and left her all alone up there on that cold, cold mountain until he realized it the next day.

Not until they can pry it from my cold dead hands shall we part again:D

I agree about the flour de lis checkering on the post 64 fwt's. Some guys don't like that style, but I think it's pretty slick. Here's a 270 fwt I found that I thought was pretty cool. It was made in '81, which was the first year production post 64 fwt. A friend wanted it real bad for his daughter. Since I sold it to him, his daughter has taken a real nice moose in Alaska and she plans on using it again this year:

Another post 64 I liked was a 2008 limited edition 300 wsm fwt. This was the first year FN BACO started producing the model 70. They were really trying to win us over with the looks of the limited editions:

IMG_0859_zps9f30f055.jpg 001-69.jpg

had a pre and post 64 model 94 30-30 and as far as fit and finish the pre wins hands down
it is a solid gun that will last for ever, the post,,, well it is lighter just a tad, you can feel the "difference" in quality, and not as accurate

I have both and I'm not good enough of a shot to notice the difference. I think 96% of the perceived difference in the two is just that. Its perceived.

Model 70 Control feed vs. Push feed
Pre 64 claw extractor, fixed ejector, cone breech: GOOD
Post 64 pushfeed, wimpy extractor in locking lug and plunger type ejector: BAD
The post 64 types were made in an effort to economize the design and make it easier to produce. What they did is weaken the locking lugs and reduce reliability of the action with the crappy ejector and lack of controlled feed.:(
My grandfather's Pre 64 plain Jane model 70, 30-06. Fantastic shooter! 3 shots less
than 1 inch groups at 100 yards.

Last Edited:
Model 94's

Stamped metal load gate instead of machined.
Frame bolts replaced with pins. Or completely eliminated.

Internals reconfigured with stamped steel parts instead of machined. As well as the wholes in the receiver being reconfigured for these changes. And the receiver shape changed.

Don't even get me started on the later tang and crossframe safeties.

There really is a bit of difference. o_O

94 r side.png
94 bottom.png