JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good morning, several years ago I shot practical rifle for about a year and had a blast. I want to come back out and shoot some more!

I'm no longer a member of Tri-County and wasn't sure if I was able to attend matches? On the site it says events are not open to the public but I read somewhere (now for the life of me I can't find it) that matches are open to the public.

Thanks and have a great day!
Steven

Matches at TriCounty are open to the public. Contact the discipline chair for information on the match and how to gain entrance to the range if you are not a member.

Want to come out to a practical rifle match and a speed steel match, but due to work and how far away my home is, i am unable to make it to an orientation. I have tried contacting the discipline chair twice and never heard back. Does anyone know if there is a way for a compromise to happen? Like me to go to a match and observe and help with setup and be able to compete in next months match or something like that? Thanks.

You don't need an orientation for speed steel, just show up by 8:30 to register and pay.
If you haven't heard back from the Discipline Chair, I would email or call the main office at TriCounty and let them know.
They should be able to hook you up with the Practical Rifle match information.

Want to come out to a practical rifle match and a speed steel match, but due to work and how far away my home is, i am unable to make it to an orientation. I have tried contacting the discipline chair twice and never heard back. Does anyone know if there is a way for a compromise to happen? Like me to go to a match and observe and help with setup and be able to compete in next months match or something like that? Thanks.

Last time I checked, no, the mandatory Friday orientation is exactly that - mandatory. For everybody. I tried to support a waiver, and vouched for a very experienced competitor (including MultiGun Nationals, NROI CRO, and MG Nationals RO, etc.). No luck.

Speed steel - different story. Not a problem for new participants.

Unfortunately Randy will most likely not budge on it. He may be willing to meet you on another day to do the run down with you but he will need to go over it with you. Are you a member of the club. May be easier to make arrangements if you are a member.

Unfortunately Randy will most likely not budge on it. He may be willing to meet you on another day to do the run down with you but he will need to go over it with you. Are you a member of the club. May be easier to make arrangements if you are a member.
Thats understandable that he wont budge. And no i am not a member.

I can ask Randy when I contact him for the orientation but I wanted to know what the policy was on AR pistols? I have a 10.5 Pistol. I remember seeing guys with SBRs out there but wasn't sure about the pistols.

Thanks

If its your first time, or been awhile, I'd use a rifle to start.
Reasoning, we have strict muzzle control rules and its pretty easy to make mistakes with the shorter barrels.

Personal opinion, but I've been shooting PR for almost 19 years for what thats worth.

I plan on using my rifle for the most part and wouldn't use the pistol until I was back in the swing of things. You know, it's just fun trying different toys! It's been several years since I've shot practical rifle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top