JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well.... I'm a little worried and a little concerned about the ability of EPUD in Eugene getting the power back on in the valley.
I'm out of state, and the family 4 kids, has been out for 5 days.
I know, I need a generator. We have one. They are using it, but it doesn't help much, or usable for the well.
They moved out to the shop(wood stove), during the day. House is 50 degrees.
Anyone else getting a little concerned?

That explains the travel! :s0140:

We're lucky over on the coast, warmer than the valley in the winter!! Got any friends to look after family while you're gone?

Lol!!,!,!
Many church friends. But they are mostly lazy and they think my wife is super woman who never needs help.
She is a pioneer woman. But, when there living in the shop cause there's a wood stove in there, that gets old.
I'm obviously a little fired up. Kinda wish they would control the trees better in the off season.
I'm ready to drop $12,000 on a mans generator and to hell with the power company.

Also, look into installing a power transfer switch panel on your main load center.
It really makes running a generator easy and safer overall.

They make a panel switch cover that allows power from the generator only if the incoming main is
shut off to prevent a back feed to the utility. This is a legal way to easily connect to gen power.
I am an electrician I do know what I am talking about. Available from most manufactures
Generator InterLock Kit Manual Transfer Switch

I found a generator with a John deer deisel motor, and the 45kw of course. It's on a tandem axle trailer. I'm hoping to find a electrical guy he in Boise that knows how to setup my system so it's slick and done right.but be able to pull the plug and move it to the next house if we move.

Did they call in and report their outage?
I remember in MT the power went out.. I asked uncle Bob, "did you call it in?".. "no, someone else will". I was just a punk kid. Well, five days later I look up and see the wires going to the house from the pole aren't really connected for some reason. We were the only ones without power.. for five days.

Did they call in and report their outage?
I remember in MT the power went out.. I asked uncle Bob, "did you call it in?".. "no, someone else will". I was just a punk kid. Well, five days later I look up and see the wires going to the house from the pole aren't really connected for some reason. We were the only ones without power.. for five days.

Yep they did. So did I. Now my dads about to drop a ear full on them. They seem under staffed.

I found a generator with a John deer deisel motor, and the 45kw of course. It's on a tandem axle trailer. I'm hoping to find a electrical guy he in Boise that knows how to setup my system so it's slick and done right.but be able to pull the plug and move it to the next house if we move.

I hope you're out of the City Limits. Check with whether you can run a gen set that big before dropping the coin!! 45KW is a big noisy machine!

Sorry about your family's situation.

I know that being away makes the worry magnify.

This situation is pointing out other ways you can prep for future situations.

Solar?
Water? If you can't run a well do you have enough?
Have a "Rocket Stove" ? Lots of plans on line
Wood stove in the house?
Any chance you have a stream on your property? Then maybe a micro-hydro generator is in your future

Not to be too callous, but if your church family isn't helping, then they are not much of a family. They are acting more like a biological, dysfunctional family.

They make a panel switch cover that allows power from the generator only if the incoming main is
shut off to prevent a back feed to the utility. This is a legal way to easily connect to gen power.
I am an electrician I do know what I am talking about. Available from most manufactures
Generator InterLock Kit Manual Transfer Switch

Sorry about your family's situation.

I know that being away makes the worry magnify.

This situation is pointing out other ways you can prep for future situations.

Solar?
Water? If you can't run a well do you have enough?
Have a "Rocket Stove" ? Lots of plans on line
Wood stove in the house?
Any chance you have a stream on your property? Then maybe a micro-hydro generator is in your future

Not to be too callous, but if your church family isn't helping, then they are not much of a family. They are acting more like a biological, dysfunctional family.

Your a wise man. On all fronts. Btw. Family support does blow! Not all, but enough.
I've been working towards all these answers. I do believe we will see interruptions in power more and more. Leaving Oregon helps though. To many trees.
I'd love to be able to find a place here to buy that has a wind mill on it. But those are a needle in a haystack.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top