JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When you took that data did you gather it after the measure rotated around on the turret four times as it normally does when loading cartridges?
Good question, thanks for reading my post.
It was static mounted on my Ammomaster Auto(5 station progressive), not an indexing turret.
sorry for not mentioning that,
:D

If I could only have one powder measure, it would be the "rotating drum" type.
This is the age-old, tried and true design.
That price disparity was probably a standard model against a bench rest type.
The bench rest type will have a micrometer adjuster.
They usually come with a pistol drum and a rifle drum.
RCBS, Lyman, Redding, Hornady all offer them.

View attachment 347266

I have a 70's model of this, I believe it is cause the RCBS press it came with has a receipt in the old box.
It is a little jittery and the movement is not smoothe, anyone know how to service it? I don't want to pull it apart & screw it up...:eek:

I have one of the same vintage. There isn't much to tear down... just remove the powder meter from the drum, and then gently remove the drum. I would check to make sure you don't have any burrs on either the drum or the interior of the dispenser housing. A dry lube like the Hornady one shot isn't a bad idea after you remove any burrs with 800 to 1200 grit sand paper.

I actually got a little carried away on mine some years ago and took the black finish off of the drum in a couple of spots. I figured I had nothing to lose at that point so I went ahead and took the whole drum down to bare metal using 800 grit. I then degreased it with lacquer thinner and went over it with Brownell Oxpho-Blue.... it came out working and looking better than new:D

I have a 70's model of this, I believe it is cause the RCBS press it came with has a receipt in the old box.
It is a little jittery and the movement is not smoothe, anyone know how to service it? I don't want to pull it apart & screw it up...:eek:

There's nothing to pulling it apart? There's two drum sizes. Mine came with the large and the small is better for pistol so I bought one from a member and replaced it. If yours is "Jittery" pull the drum out by un-crewing the plunger mechanism. Maybe clean it good with some fine steel wool. The directions when they come new say to run a pound of powder through it to get the graphite spread around so it swings smoothly. I'd guess if you had some graphite around you could rub just a little around the drum after it was clean with the steel wool? They do rust just from the air because the original large drum that sat on my table has some very fine rust just from the air in the house.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews