JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New member question here. How old of a thread is too old to post on if you are wanting to talk about the same topic the old thread is about? If it's a year old, should I just start a new thread about the same thing? Should old threads be locked so that they aren't brought back alive? Does it really matter if I post on an old thread?

Thanks for the advice.

you can post in any thread you want... but if readers think you did it on accident, youll get made fun of

thats about all there is to it

New member question here. How old of a thread is too old to post on if you are wanting to talk about the same topic the old thread is about? If it's a year old, should I just start a new thread about the same thing? Should old threads be locked so that they aren't brought back alive? Does it really matter if I post on an old thread?

Thanks for the advice.
Old threads are like fine wine.....

Got it. Thanks
Some people get butt hurt when you post in old threads and I never understood why if you have something to add. On the other hand, if you post a question that already has been asked they also get butt hurt. So it screwed either way 😠. The usual response is "google it" which is dumb because Google does not have the answer to everything.

However, I think if the thread is more than two years old you will probably get better replies if you start a new one.

An old thread about old threads, 😆

i for one take great pleasure in calling out necro posts.. which is why i feel such deep shame when i do it myself.. which is what i want others to feel when they do it.. which is why i help them get there

i think its really only a "problem" on boards that require post counts to use classifieds (does nwfa? i dont even know)

people posting in ancient threads like "hah, cool" or "great info thx" just to pump their post count.

78098774.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads