JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Post your sling set ups. Help share ideas via pictures of those rifles slung in all ways and colors.

upload_2019-2-6_13-45-3.jpeg

VCAS or VTAC for me, along with a 2-to-1 Triglide.

No pics for me either, but...

VCAS non-padded is my go-to sling. I've tried them with IWC 2-to-1 and well as the VCAS 221 and have found I really don't care for convertible slings, it just seems the additional hardware is in the way aand I like the flex of the bungee on a SP. If I have a need or desire to run a single point I'll break out my O.S.O.E. bungle single point.

As far as setup goes, for the VCAS I like the front connection point toward the muzzle end of the hang guard to half-way back on the side on the weapon and the rear far back on the stock either at 12 o'clock or opposite side as the front. This setup allows transition to opposite shoulder without hanging yourself assuming secondary weapon is same handed as the primary. For the single, just the the rear of the receiver. When the rifle weapon is slung it should naturally fall to the opposite side of the secondary weapon.

Here is my favorite :
A Montana Sling , made by Montana Slings..right here in the USA.
My is a 1 1/4 but they also make it in 1/2 inch as well.
No metal to mar your stock and easy one handed use...works well for carrying or for a "Hasty sling" in shooting,
Andy
DSC06725.jpg

All depends on the rifle. The elk rifle goes on long walks, so it gets a safari sling. The Garand and the 03a4 get 1917 pattern slings. The 1903 target and a few 03a3's gets a cotton Garand sling, as would a bunch of other rifles if I could find more at reasonable prices...
The only AR in the safe gets the same unpadded VTAC sling that's been on the last ten or so AR's I've owned shot, then sold.

When I looked for a sling for my hiking long gun, I wanted something that was comfortable, and wouldn't slide off my shoulder when ducking under brush or bending over.

Found this and it is amazingly comfortable...

nxwG6wBEMUyEpBnYTVH4jtO_JcdAcBPwcNAlE_0fSygpX92IB - Copy.jpg

I recently added a black leather sling to the carbine I've dubbed "Space Cowboy". (I shared this picture and appellation to my elderly father and he found great humor in said.)

SpaceCowboy1.jpg

Silliness aside, well wishes friends. :)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top