JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prairie Dog Gun 2020

1_21_2020.png

From last range trip couple days ago. 17 rounds off the AR9 pistol I built at 50ft. firing fairly fast but not a dump. Of course this is with a very nice brace and a cheap Dot sight. When I take the dot off and use the irons I can only come in about twice this big if I really work at it. No mater which Irons I try any more I just can't see both sights inside there any more. It is fun to do this now and then and then listen to the comments from others a few lanes away. Before they realize I am using something anyone can shoot like this with, not a hand gun off hand :D

Target.png

Last Edited:
20200506_104516.jpg

10 shot group with a new to me SCAR 100 yards. Leupold Mark 6 3.5-18X44 scope. Now to get that new Geissele trigger and put it in.

By the way Nitro_Man was using a Night Force NXS 5.5-22X56 MOAR scope on his rifle in the above picture. It shoots that good.

I need to get out more..

View attachment 601223

I always used to try to use something like this, as an example when trying to explain the difference between accuracy and precision in the stats classes I used to teach. It always seemed to leave a lasting impression. I purposely went out and shot a target that had a hole outta the black, in the four corners and one dead center. Then another target with a nice cloverleaf, somewhere, off center.. Wish I could find them... may have to make a couple more. It certainly drives the point home. It never offended "those types", that were in the class, either!

Bringing this one back from the dead....

36" at 1760 yards. Not all my hits but I did hit it 3 in a row with my 7mm RM. Two more of those hits are from my 6.5 CM. Other hits by a 300 RUM, 7 SAUM and 300 PRC. Fun time had by all.

real mile.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads