JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I came up with a plan to remedy the bumpfire and binary trigger problem. I propose that Congress and the ATF declare the guns they are installed in machine guns and ban new production of the stocks and trigger parts. Since the ones out there were purchased legally the guns should be allowed into the NFA registry as registered receiver machine guns since that is what they clearly are. Tax free of course.

I mean there should be a grace period so I can pick up some more binary triggers and bump stocks. I would whittle them out of easy cheese if I need to.

57DFD165-BDCF-4239-9D48-71A0EE0815CB.gif

That would be a travesty wouldnt it? Throwing bumpstocks under the bus in exchange for opening up the registry to new machine guns for the first time in 31 years. Funny thing is I could see some inept democraps going for it.

How about we just declassify Class 3 weapons instead? Yep, I said it! Full Auto, AOW's and Silencers should just be legal to buy like any other firearm. Sane, legal gun owners ARE NOT the problem and those that ARE the problem don't follow the law anyway.

$.02

RKBA

Man, I dont know. I think its solid thinking. Once the lower is in the database as a machine gun it is then a machine gun. You can toss the bump stock in the trash and put in an auto sear and a 10" barrel and have what would be a $30K rifle for about $600. If the grace period was a year with no tax stamp we could probably get a million new machine guns into the registry. Everybody in the country who wanted a machine gun could have one for pretty much the cost of an AR....

I would be likely to say "F bumpstocks" Sign me up.

They will simply serialize the bump stock and make it the "machine gun", no different than how suppressors are treated.

Any firearm in a registration or other database is a bad thing.

They will simply serialize the bump stock and make it the "machine gun", no different than how suppressors are treated.

Any firearm in a registration or other database is a bad thing.

Agreed, but "machine gun trumps everything" so as long as the registered bump stock is on it you can have a suppressed 10" barrel with an auto sear and it's all covered by the stamp for the bump stock.

Thats what I'm thinking. The stock
How many thousands of machine guns are out in public hands this second? When was the last time a legally owned MG was used in a crime?

There have been two KNOWN instances ( remember 1/3 of murders go unresolved ) in the history of the NFA and both were by off duty police officers.

I only brought this up because this is exactly what was proposed by Gabby Giffords. Make them classified as machine guns and subject to the NFA. Fine with me except for that pesky Washington state MG prohibition ( my son can keep them in Oregon ) . Theres a whole lot that goes into that NFA classification I don't think she, or whoever is thinking for her, thought through. In the case of binary triggers , which actually work well , make the weapon the MG and then its open season on auto sears. Bumpstocks the same way. Slap the bumpstock on there and its a MG. Drill for a sear and lock the stock, cut the barrel short.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top