JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe. Much would depend on personal health and what was required. Not much of a "joiner" at this point in my life and unlikely to be asked. IF, however, were we here facing what has been going on up in your neck of the woods and was asked by the local sheriff or other competent legal authority, I would sure give it a go if needed. Still have most of my duty gear 'n' stuff. Not much on militias and that sort of thing and have less patience with marxist thugs.

The sheriff of your county is the senior law enforcement officer. He has the authority to deputize as many citizens as he believes that he needs, under the Posse Comitatus act. Many of the Sheriff's Posse and reserve deputies are commissioned under this act.
If things got to the point where the sheriff needed the help and put out the call, would you have the equipment to respond and would you be willing to follow the orders that you were given? As an interesting aside, the only person that can arrest the sheriff is the county coroner!
the answer is yes, done it before and would in a heart beat.

Being old and decrepit I don't know useful I could be at the tip of the spear, but I have skills that could be helpful in other ways: Professional Gunsmith degree, 4 instructor certs.

The sheriff of your county is the senior law enforcement officer. He has the authority to deputize as many citizens as he believes that he needs, under the Posse Comitatus act. Many of the Sheriff's Posse and reserve deputies are commissioned under this act.
If things got to the point where the sheriff needed the help and put out the call, would you have the equipment to respond and would you be willing to follow the orders that you were given? As an interesting aside, the only person that can arrest the sheriff is the county coroner!

Equipment, training and willing - yes.

Able? Probably not.

Only if I was given a task where I did not have to physically exert myself - I would not pass a physical that is for sure. I can walk short distances - can't stand for more than 30 minutes or so, I can't run, and I certainly can't lift anything heavy.

1596989848040.jpeg

Reality sinks in...
1596991259758.jpeg

Last Edited:
At my age I highly doubt the guy here would ask me to help kicking in doors or such but, if he wanted help? Hell yes I would help. He could easily use me in places where the younger LEO's could be better used in more "front line" kind of stuff.

Yep this. At 62 I can still consistently put 9 of 10 inside the 8 ring at 350 yards with a .308 or Win Mag. That gets me a long / high cover job where I won't be going hands on or running around the boogaloo goons.

I don't think ole Mitzi up here in King county would ask for my help.

If she did I'd have to consider the fact that the majority of the population appears to support the communists burning everything down. :s0092:

I think those choices would be excellent. I've read (in different places) that the thugs in downtown Portland figure that if they armed themselves they could overwhelm local law enforcement and then go on to inflict some real damage. There are a lot of tough talkers on the inter web, but when the going gets tough only the tough get going. I figured that even at my advanced age, I'd be able to equip myself and help local law enforcement, if called upon to do so. I have absolutely no desire to harm anyone, but I also won't stand around and wish someone would help me either.
Some of the Antifa fools tried going out of the libral controlled city.
And bad things happen .LOL

It very much (100%) depends on the mission.
As a volunteer vs commissioned/sworn deputy I have the luxury of choosing.

When I lived in Maricopa county (AZ) and the sheriff was Joe Arpaio I wouldn't need to preface my answer... I'd just show up.

With Mike Reese in Multnomah county I have to equivocate. Circumstances have put everyone on-guard... watching closely for deciet, looking for the scam, on point for Constitutional violations and unseen political angles. It's tough to take anyone at their word or default to the presumption of good intentions... that due diligence does NOT preclude elected beuracrats.

Most likely scenario would be some kind of natural disaster... filling sandbags, digging culverts, handing out supplies, or some similar busy-hands work. In that case, I'm in.

@sobo and @CamoDeafie, you can lock all your guns and stuff that you brought in the back of my truck while we work, if you want... that stuff is gonna get heavy :s0114:
You guys were ready to go straight to war... that's the spirit! Americans love to fight.

If the Sheriff calls I will respond. My arms will be an AR Pistol, KSG shotgun, M&P 9mm. My skill set includes things such as communications that can free up trained deputies as well. Whatever I can do to further the effort I will gladly provide. I'm no spring chicken but I will stand for what is right.

@sobo and @CamoDeafie, you can lock all your guns and stuff that you brought in the back of my truck while we work, if you want... that stuff is gonna get heavy :s0114:
You guys were ready to go straight to war... that's the spirit! Americans love to fight.
You think our stuff will be safe in your rig? :s0140:

I'll let @CamoDeafie put his in first. If it's still there (or YOU'RE still here) in an hour, then I might throw mine in , too. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top