JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure what the point of this article is supposed to be. It's no surprise Portland has the most gun stores of any city in Oregon. It's the largest city in Oregon. If there are only 8.1 gun stores per 100,000, then there are fewer than 1/4 the number of "gun stores" per 100,000 than in the state as a whole. So, the total of 53 is not particularly high. Also, I wonder if they might be overestimating the number of gun shops, not only in Portland, but statewide. Not every FFL is a gun store.

Might want to check their numbers. 53 FFLs does not equate to 53 gun stores. There is only one gun store, such as it is, in Portland, and that is The Gun Room. The rest are in the surrounding communities.

Might want to check their numbers. 53 FFLs does not equate to 53 gun stores. There is only one gun store, such as it is, in Portland, and that is The Gun Room. The rest are in the surrounding communities.
Probably also includes certain sporting goods stores like BiMart, Sportsmans Warehouse and maybe Cabelas... definitely includes pawn shops as these are the ones I see with guns most often in the area. Edit. It's also possible they're saying "Portland Metro area" but using "Portland City population " to tweak the statistics :rolleyes:

Probably also includes certain sporting goods stores like BiMart, Sportsmans Warehouse and maybe Cabelas... definitely includes pawn shops as these are the ones I see with guns most often in the area.
Absolutely it does. They are counting FFLs and equating that to "gun stores."

"As of the beginning of the year, there were 53 federally-licensed firearm dealers in Portland, or about 8.1 for every 100,000 people.

Across the state as a whole, there were 1,258 firearm stores as of January 2022, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives."

They dont care about piddly parchments like that only the Anti Gun agenda. :rolleyes:
Isn't it funny that they disregard that piece of paper but yet write on new pieces of paper that they want obeyed? Isn't that a strange conundrum?

I know… I know… I think to much and should just bow down to the supreme overlords!

But see I have bad knees and all!

3017746D-7B43-45E2-9F00-A52A34BE63A5.jpeg

I'm from out of town, but do you mind if I brag about a group of FFLs here in the bluest of corrupt blue states? Attorney General Maura Healey has been attempting to browbeat gun dealers with threats and BS (it's kind of a Massachusetts thing--think of all the political trash that has come out of this state) and is reputed to be the heir apparent to the governor's office.

Well, at least Oregon has the liquor store problem under control. In the entire state, there is a total of 248 licensed off-sale stores. In my old home town in California, just that town alone has 308 off-sale licensees. I used to think, "There is a liquor store on every corner." Not quite, but close.

I don't live in Seattle, but in decades gone by, I used to visit gun shops there. Warshall's and Central Gun Exchange were within a half block of each other on First Ave. Between the two, they had tons of used guns. Both are long gone, the buildings having been replaced by newer, fancier structures. There were a couple of dingy pawn shops near Pike Place that sometimes had gems in their display cases. In the north end, there was Butch's Gun Shop on Aurora, if you could stand the smell but they usually had lots of used guns. They held on for a long time, in later years the visible decline was discouraging. When they closed out their reloading supplies at 90% off, I bought a bunch.

Then Seattle passed the gun and ammo tax, that caused many remaining gun retailers to leave the city.

Interesting how neither the linked article or the original allow the option of comment. Take a look at Colorado Springs in comparison there is a list in the original article.

Interesting how neither the linked article or the original allow the option of comment. Take a look at Colorado Springs in comparison there is a list in the original article.
It shows that Springfield,IL
Louisville, KY
Little Rock, AR
All bought more firearms then Portland or Vancouver, WA

Those two cities should be ashamed! Slackers!

Is it possible that Vancouver and Portland have the most because they border each other in different STATES? So, maybe people can be able to sell their stuff because the FEDS interfered in the first place? o_O

In the north end, there was Butch's Gun Shop on Aurora, if you could stand the smell but they usually had lots of used guns.
Butch would have an invite only shoot in eastern WA near Royal city once a year. Cannon, mortar (BP), .50 BMG, etc. - if you had an interesting gun and weren't an anal orifice, you might get invited. I went twice. Second time I went, a guy got bit by a rattle snake and we set the hill on fire. Lost touch with Butch and Angie (Sightman) after that.

Never bought anything from the fancy gun shop downtown, but the other shop on the same street I bought a Mitchell SS Luger replica from them. It still won't shoot a full mag without jamming. I need to take it to Velzey to see if he can get it to run decently.

Well, at least Oregon has the liquor store problem under control. In the entire state, there is a total of 248 licensed off-sale stores. In my old home town in California, just that town alone has 308 off-sale licensees. I used to think, "There is a liquor store on every corner." Not quite, but close.

I don't live in Seattle, but in decades gone by, I used to visit gun shops there. Warshall's and Central Gun Exchange were within a half block of each other on First Ave. Between the two, they had tons of used guns. Both are long gone, the buildings having been replaced by newer, fancier structures. There were a couple of dingy pawn shops near Pike Place that sometimes had gems in their display cases. In the north end, there was Butch's Gun Shop on Aurora, if you could stand the smell but they usually had lots of used guns. They held on for a long time, in later years the visible decline was discouraging. When they closed out their reloading supplies at 90% off, I bought a bunch.

Then Seattle passed the gun and ammo tax, that caused many remaining gun retailers to leave the city.

A friend from a medium sized Northeast city once told me he could give accurate directions to anywhere in the city using only the names of streets, bars and churches.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top