JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering putting on a two or four port barrel on my Glock 21SF. I have three years experience with this handgun. I also have 10+ years experience with a S&W 629 3" barrel with four Mag-na-port ports so I'm familiar with the blast/concussion/flash.
I'm looking at a Lone Wolf, 2 or 4 port
Any advice/stories from the group??

The problem with the version I had was that they were a copy of the scheumann is that they had to cut a slot in the top of the slide. This means that if you want to use any other kind of barrel (like a threaded barrel for a suppressor), you have to get a new slide too.

I have a 460V with a comp at the end of the barrel:

wm_7434130.jpg

It does a good job with recoil and even muzzle rise, the ports on top of a handgun are more for muzzle rise than recoil. So it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. For the .45 ACP in a Glock I think muzzle rise control is more important than recoil control, especially if your goal is fast shots. There are comps that go on the end of a barrel, and are directed upwards.

There are also variations of the Sheumann type comp that don't require cutting a long slot in the barrel, just holes that match the holes in the barrel.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews