JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like these may be made by KCI for Polymer 80, according to interwebbing I read overnight. Forgot where I read such, so no linky linky.

KCI mags are supposed to be reasonably decent inexpensive alternatives for Glocks users. According to interwebs.
This is what I'm finding, though I found a mag review on pewpewtactical suggest they should work "most of the time".... not very encouraging.

here's a live fire review and I'm pretty sure this is the first shooting lane off Salmonberry road here locally so cool.

Just rec'd my P80 mags from Midway.
If they run as good as they look, it will be a win.
Mine just came today, too. They really do "look" and feel fantastic. The spring is certainly stiff. Takes a bit to load but dry cycling rounds it fed just fine and hold open is solid.

Maybe a minor thing, but I "really" like the unasisted mag drop... empty or full.. just like an OEM. I have high hopes. I didn't want to regret sinking much money into crappy mags (only bought 4) but might end up regretting not picking up more when the price was still low.

Last Edited:
I wonder if everyone's package was on the same truck.... Delivery guy be like "whats up with all the Midway today...". :p

Took one apart with an OEM and inside and out is virtually identical. Very minor cosmetic tooling differences. I might be able to test tomorrow...

They are still on sale but they went up to $12.99.......

I wonder if everyone's package was on the same truck.... Delivery guy be like "whats up with all the Midway today...". :p

Took one apart with an OEM and inside and out is virtually identical. Very minor cosmetic tooling differences. I might be able to test tomorrow...

They are still on sale but they went up to $12.99.......
Did the baseplate come off any easier than a Glock ?

Did the baseplate come off any easier than a Glock ?
The same.

Though recently from another thread here somewhere I learned how to properly remove a Glock basepad and it was like cathedral music played when it worked. :p

everything inside was the same, minor cosmetic tooling differences.

Pmag might lose some market share if word gets out.
I was assuming this sale price was a one time deal. Midway got a huge shipment and is just turning over the inventory is my guess. Consider Midway shows the normal price is way more than the Magpul price, on par with Glock prices. A few weeks ago I picked up some Magpul mags around 14 bucks each and thats seems to be the usual price for those and I thought it was a steal all things considered.

Keep in mind I only tested 1 P80 magazine today.... I was skeptical when I bought them but if I had known what I learned today I would have bought way more than 3....

I'm about in the same boat. Ran my 4 today and went back and mag dumped on 2 of em. Purred like kittens. Without looking at them it's very difficult to tell them apart from OEM's. Fit and mag play in the mag well, weight, performance... it's pretty darn close to indistinguishable. Long term reliability will likely tell the tale.

Somehow one of my sons talked me into trading him 2 of them for 2 of his magpuls. Not quite sure how he did that, but he made what sounded like a convincing argument at the time. Thinking about it for a couple minutes later I just gave him back his magpuls, too. They've certainly lost a lot of appeal now and I certainly didn't want them. ;) IIRC, 4-5yrs ago he paid right around $12ea for them for range plinking. I thought that was quite a good deal at the time. Of course, for my own guns I only run OEM's so no suprise being a little less than excited about owning a couple magpuls of my own, but I was perfectly happy keeping the other 2 P80's for myself.

I was also pretty skeptical (hence, only 4), but as Koda said... "...if I had known what I learned today...".

The hope was to lay hands on them and go back for more at 9 bones a pop if they measured up, but that didn't quite go according to plan. 🤣

Oh well. It is what it is and 4 rather outstanding $9 mags is still a win.

(I have to be honest. I needed something else from Midway and couldn't resist throwing 2 more at the $13ea for my G19 in the shopping cart. I'm weak... 🙃)

Last Edited:
Echoing everything already said. Got my 4 on Friday like everyone else. Look great, very well made. Haven't been out with them yet but I will this week. Very pleased with the appearance...!!

Second batch arrived so I can be happy now for awhile. I would imagine at some point they will be offering additional calibers. I'll be watching.👍

I tested 4 of mine a few days ago. They ran fine, but seemed difficult to load to full 15 round capacity. Anyone else share similar, or is my arthritis from my knees and back creeping into my hands and fingers?

No, just my 67 year old digits, although I did try using the mag loader that came with my original Glock 19 from the factory. It helped a little, but still a struggle to get number 15 in the mag.
I can't guarantee that you'll get that 15th round in, but I use this for all my double stack mags now.
About $25
And watch out for counterfeits, the genuine is made in Israel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top