JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here are a couple of pics of my Polymer 80. Bought it here for $60 brand new. Got it finished and realized I could buy a whole Glock for what people were asking for a slide, barrel and parts kit. Bought the .22 conversion for it instead. Didn't really need another 9mm or .40 anyway. Or a .22 for that matter, but... I like the grip on it better than a Glock, although it is still no ergonomic gem. The flared mag well makes it difficult to conceal if that is your plan, but it could be reshaped if necessary. Expect to do some hand-fitting on the rear rails because the jig doesn't allow you to cut quite deep enough. I used a small file and about a half an hour to get the fit the way I wanted it. Likewise the barrel seat area needed further finish work. It runs flawlessly. I had to use soft jaws in my vise to press the steel insert into the frame to get the screw holes to line up. If I come across a really good deal on a slide and barrel I would happily build another one, or two, or...

WP_20170822_008.jpg WP_20170822_005.jpg

I almost did a couple of these but I like the option to be able to sell anything I build. That isnt as easy with the poly 80's. Just my opinion but I found complete G19 Gen3 lowers for 159 shipped so I went for those. Its about the same cost by the time you add the parts kit to the 80 and the transfer fee to the OEM version. I ended up with this so far on one and have parts for a second coming this week, hopefully today.

I almost did a couple of these but I like the option to be able to sell anything I build. That isnt as easy with the poly 80's. Just my opinion but I found complete G19 Gen3 lowers for 159 shipped so I went for those. Its about the same cost by the time you add the parts kit to the 80 and the transfer fee to the OEM version. I ended up with this so far on one and have parts for a second coming this week, hopefully today.

My interest in them is for other reasons - reasons to not use the standard OEM lowers.

Here are a couple of pics of my Polymer 80. Bought it here for $60 brand new. Got it finished and realized I could buy a whole Glock for what people were asking for a slide, barrel and parts kit. Bought the .22 conversion for it instead. Didn't really need another 9mm or .40 anyway. Or a .22 for that matter, but... I like the grip on it better than a Glock, although it is still no ergonomic gem. The flared mag well makes it difficult to conceal if that is your plan, but it could be reshaped if necessary. Expect to do some hand-fitting on the rear rails because the jig doesn't allow you to cut quite deep enough. I used a small file and about a half an hour to get the fit the way I wanted it. Likewise the barrel seat area needed further finish work. It runs flawlessly. I had to use soft jaws in my vise to press the steel insert into the frame to get the screw holes to line up. If I come across a really good deal on a slide and barrel I would happily build another one, or two, or...

View attachment 451926 View attachment 451927

I'm actually interested in replacing lowers on Glocks I already own, so no issue on the high cost of a slide. Would also like one dedicated to my MechTech.

6CDEBF4E-652C-4224-9308-E5A91935944C.jpeg These things are like leggos for adults!

I use end snips and a dremel. Make sure you clear out enough plastic so the recoil spring moves free. Just finished another one. Need to take a pic.

These are v-2. G-17

8CCEBF0C-BC3B-4D21-9DB5-700FDB756874.jpeg

Last Edited:
A couple of things I especially like on the Poly G17's are the grippy stippling, (which really works) and that upward curve under the trigger guard.
It lets you get your left hand higher in there, and the frame rests really nicely on the left index finger.

Also: the deep cutaway at the magazine release is a plus. AND there is a sculpted cutaway on both sides of the frame where the trigger finger goes that allows a high grip without binding so much as it does on the OEM design.

A friend of mine built one not long ago, and I was surprised to see there is a lot to like with this poly80 frame.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top