JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious if any folks here on the forum have tried out the Polymer 80 lowers for Glock? I'm hearing they've been gaining in popularity and the V2 seems to be an improvement over the original. Just wondering if they're worth the investment. Considering where things may be going in the future, may not be a bad idea to grab one or two.

Thoughts? Photos of your gun with a Polymer 80?

Just curious if any folks here on the forum have tried out the Polymer 80 lowers for Glock? I'm hearing they've been gaining in popularity and the V2 seems to be an improvement over the original. Just wondering if they're worth the investment. Considering where things may be going in the future, may not be a bad idea to grab one or two.

Thoughts? Photos of your gun with a Polymer 80?

That' A good Idea . Prices might go up if things keep up this way

I had a lot of fun building mine. I've never done anything like that before. I went with with the full size as I already have compacts and I won't be carrying this.

I used police trade in G22 parts. I used police trade in magazines. All of which I got for big discounts. By building a G22 you can ofc shoot .40 cal but also grab a 9mm and .357 sig barrel and have 3 cals to shoot. Just need 9mm mags.
Ill be slowing buying trick parts to build wifey a G17 also.
I want them to make G20 10mm style next!
20180321_211838_20180405_123308.jpg

I suggest watching a bunch of youtube vids before starting.

The number 1 reason it won't run smooth is the barrel seat area needs to be smoother. This should have no "lip" anymore and be wet sanded with WD40.

Polish the rails with some good aluminum polish. Be ready to sand the rails for a perfect fit with the slide.

I had a lot of fun building mine. I've never done anything like that before. I went with with the full size as I already have compacts and I won't be carrying this.

I used police trade in G22 parts. I used police trade in magazines. All of which I got for big discounts. By building a G22 you can ofc shoot .40 cal but also grab a 9mm and .357 sig barrel and have 3 cals to shoot. Just need 9mm mags.
View attachment 451890
Is that the gen 2 frame

View attachment 451890

I'm a big fan of .40 Glocks for the same reason. I've got 9mm conversion barrels for each of them. Haven't bothered with .357 Sig, but I like knowing it's an option.

I suggest watching a bunch of youtube vids before starting.

The number 1 reason it won't run smooth is the barrel seat area needs to be smoother. This should have no "lip" anymore and be wet sanded with WD40.

Polish the rails with some good aluminum polish. Be ready to sand the rails for a perfect fit with the slide.

Good recommendations/suggestions. I've already watched a number of YT vids on them just to see what they're like. I like to hear from actual owners though.

Where did you buy your lower parts kit from? Brownells? Glock store?

I'm a big fan of .40 Glocks for the same reason. I've got 9mm conversion barrels for each of them. Haven't bothered with .357 Sig, but I like knowing it's an option.

I love how this .40 shoots. I was shooting 180gr Speer gold dots and it ate all 80 rounds flawless.

This became one of my new favorite shooters after just 1 outing. Very nice shooter.

The grip angle and beavertail on these is more 1911 styLe than glock.

Good recommendations/suggestions. I've already watched a number of YT vids on them just to see what they're like. I like to hear from actual owners though.

Where did you buy your lower parts kit from? Brownells? Glock store?

Frame from Brownells for $105 shipped on sale, couldn't resist the price and it's what started me down this path.

The lower parts I also got from Brownells. I'm using a few used parts from the kit but I got a new trigger/bar/housing from brownells just to help eliminate failure points with the used glock parts. Probably wasn't needed.

Frame from Brownells for $105 shipped on sale, couldn't resist the price and it's what started me down this path.

The lower parts I also got from Brownells. I'm using a few used parts from the kit but I got a new trigger/bar/housing from brownells just to help eliminate failure points with the used glock parts. Probably wasn't needed.

Sorry, one more question. Did you install the .40 extractor? I know it will also work with 9mm when using a conversion barrel. Was just curious.

My bad, I meant ejector - the part in the lower. They are slightly different in Glocks for 9mm and .40

The sharp metal thing in the lower... roger! It's still the .40 cal.

From what I've read its hit or miss if a .40 cal will run smooth with a 9mm barrel with just the barrel change or yeah you may need to change out the ejector and I've even heard of some people needing to change recoil springs also.

The sharp metal thing in the lower... roger! It's still the .40 cal.

From what I've read its hit or miss if a .40 cal will run smooth with a 9mm barrel with just the barrel change or yeah you may need to change out the ejector and I've even heard of some people needing to change recoil springs also.

I've run 9mm conversion barrels in .40 Glocks (22, 23 and 35) with no problems. Never changed the ejector or recoil spring. Just the barrel and magazine and it's good to go.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top