JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is glock 21 too big for your hands?

• Yes

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • SF/gen4 no backstrap ok

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have smallish hands. The first 3 Gens always made me feel like I was really extending my palm out. Trigger control was no problem...but I always felt like the back end would slide out. I have a gen 4 now and I feel like I can really "grip" it with the thinnest backstrap .

I don't have little hands, in fact I have thin, longish fingers. I've not held a 21SF, but when 21 came out I picked one up and played touchie-feely. It felt like I was gripping a 2x4!
I really wanted a high capacity 45 and ended up with a Para Ordnance p12-45 because the grip was more manageable.

I don't think so. I have "average" sized hands and find the G4 G21 the perfect size. I have a G4 G34 and find the standard grip dooable..but a little too small so I run it with the medium backstrap. FWIW.

I've got average to small hands, so grip is a big deal for me. I've got a 21sf that I can handle just fine, standard Gen3 21 is a bit large. I've not yet held a Gen4, so no idea how that would feel without the backstraps installed. I do like my 21sf - I sold the first one I had and decided to buy one back again because I missed it. I do like how it shoots compared to some other .45's I've owned.

Do what I did when I wanted a 45

Get a SIG P220. Fits like a glove.

P22021.jpg

I really like the beavertail, but I finally determined that for my hands I really need to stay with the Gen4's grip without any backstrap. A gen3 or a gen4 with a backstrap is really too large for comfort.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top