JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is glock 21 too big for your hands?

• Yes

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • SF/gen4 no backstrap ok

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have smallish hands. The first 3 Gens always made me feel like I was really extending my palm out. Trigger control was no problem...but I always felt like the back end would slide out. I have a gen 4 now and I feel like I can really "grip" it with the thinnest backstrap .

I don't have little hands, in fact I have thin, longish fingers. I've not held a 21SF, but when 21 came out I picked one up and played touchie-feely. It felt like I was gripping a 2x4!
I really wanted a high capacity 45 and ended up with a Para Ordnance p12-45 because the grip was more manageable.

I don't think so. I have "average" sized hands and find the G4 G21 the perfect size. I have a G4 G34 and find the standard grip dooable..but a little too small so I run it with the medium backstrap. FWIW.

I've got average to small hands, so grip is a big deal for me. I've got a 21sf that I can handle just fine, standard Gen3 21 is a bit large. I've not yet held a Gen4, so no idea how that would feel without the backstraps installed. I do like my 21sf - I sold the first one I had and decided to buy one back again because I missed it. I do like how it shoots compared to some other .45's I've owned.

Do what I did when I wanted a 45

Get a SIG P220. Fits like a glove.

P22021.jpg

I really like the beavertail, but I finally determined that for my hands I really need to stay with the Gen4's grip without any backstrap. A gen3 or a gen4 with a backstrap is really too large for comfort.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top