Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Police Radio

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WillMunny, Jun 1, 2012.

1. WillMunny

WillMunny NE Portland Active Member

2. jeepseth

jeepseth Camas Washington Member

There are also a couple apps for android phones, the one I use is called scanner radio. Very interesting stuff in there!

3. SquackDaddy

SquackDaddy Marion County Member

I downloaded Scanner Radio to my Kindle Fire. It's cool to listen when I'm busy doing stuff around the house.

4. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Helps burn the hours while at my dest at work.
    Always interesting to hear the call, then hear the first responders sirens running code heading to it.

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I've used these apps myself. Some police channels have alot of activity. Used to have a real scanner where I worked. Interesting hearing the fire calls and other stuff too.

6. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Nice link......BEWARE OF THE LINK!

I'm kind of computer stupid. That link put some CRAP on my computer. It changed my home page, I was able to get it back to NWFA though. NOW, when I'm reading, there will be an underlined word, if I pass the cursor ove the word I get a pop-up on the screen that says to "CLICK AND WIN A PRIZE"!

What GARBAGE, thanks for that!:thumbup:

Mike

7. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Must be something with your system. I am running AVAST and Microsoft Security Essentials and navigated to the link with no problems. I got no warnings from any of my anit-virus/anti-Malware software, or my browsers. And my home page I use is still my home page, no underlined words or anything. I and other friends have used radio reference in the past with no problems.

8. WillMunny

WillMunny NE Portland Active Member

Sorry you had a problem, I've never had any issues with Radio Reference. Maybe your first statement is the correct diagnosis.;)

9. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Your last sentence....Indeed! I removed the "Free Download" program, whatever that was. Now I have this "Text Enhance" rubbish that underlines a word in the text, here and there, and when you put the cursor over the word a window pops up and says "Click to win an I-Pad", or some other thing.

I always loved my scanner before they changed the frequency all those years ago. I live in semi-inner North East Portland!

Mike