Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Police hiring?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by korntera, Feb 18, 2009.

1. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

My friend is looking to move up from Cali and is looking into police jobs. I already found that Tigard, clackamas county, Washington county and portland PD are hiring. I also checked gresham, multnomah county, beaverton and hillsboro and they are not hiring. Anybody know any other local departments that are hiring currently for a Person with an EMT certification, scuba certification and a degree from UO with a clean background.

2. NWMoss

NWMoss Lost, permanently... Member

Last I heard State Patrol was hiring.

3. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Yes sir, the State Patrol is hiring.
    I'm surprised he didn't try that first. They have the most bada$$ cars by far.

4. FatherHolyHoly

FatherHolyHoly MN Active Member

Washington County was hiring a couple months ago... not sure if they still are. It's quite the long, drawn-out process.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2009
  5. uscsoldier

uscsoldier Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

since the state is saying all state workers will have to take 10 furlow days & all state agency's are looking at huge cut backs and possible layoffs I would hold out on OSP for now:(

6. NWMoss

NWMoss Lost, permanently... Member

PPD shows that they have a hiring freeze, but I hear that the truth is they are understaffed and will fill untill they are staffed :thumbup:

7. ghanderson10

ghanderson10 Woodburn, OR Member

All Oregon depts should be getting understaffed soon, due to our Guard deployment this summer