JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Imagine the spent casing smell of powder building up and all the fouling. Did they use respirators? Venting couldn't have been the best if they wanted to keep it secret underground.

Meanwhile in California: Cops find DIY underground shooting range while serving warrant.
Meanwhile in California: Cops find DIY underground shooting range while serving warrant

Police in Fontana stumbled upon a homemade underground shooting range at the residence of a known gang member and shared a few details of it online this last week.

"While searching the house a manhole was located that led to an underground hiding area and an additional underground area that was being used as a shooting range," said police. Inside they found numerous weapons "along with thousands of rounds of ammunition" and a "100-round drum for an AR-15 rifle." full story at link.

I've always have dreamed of a n underground range that could double as a bowling alley, the White House has the bowling alley underground and it seems they could make it multi purpose.
I'm thinking a 6' culvert buried into a hillside.

How do you know they don't have one or more shooting ranges under the White House?

When I worked for the VOA (we could see into the yard of the White House from the roof) we use to use the underground walkways (more like 2 lane highways) that went between the buildings, over to the White House and who knows who else. When President Reagan and President Bush Sr. would come over to make their VOA broadcasts they would use the underground walkways to drive over. They had at least one large gym (that I knew of), bowling alley, commissary, kitchens, etc., down there and since the Secret Service also had areas down there I'm sure there were armory's and shooting areas. Most people don't realize just how much of DC is under ground... some of it going down multiple layers. I got to see lots of interesting things when I worked at the Voice of America.

Mike

I've always have dreamed of a n underground range that could double as a bowling alley, the White House has the bowling alley underground and it seems they could make it multi purpose.
I'm thinking a 6' culvert buried into a hillside.

It would be nice if the Speaker of the House got to hold the targets.

Fontucky at it's best. With the housing market they would have been better off renting it out.

The story glosses over how well California gun control laws prevented this. Just saying.

Last Edited:
Fontucky at it's best. With the housing market they would have been better off renting it off.

The story glosses over how well California gun control laws prevented this. Just saying.

Yep thats a great thought...... guess that gang member didn't read the laws.... Oh darn..silly criminals

They had at least one large gym (that I knew of), bowling alley, commissary, kitchens, etc., down there and since the Secret Service also had areas down there I'm sure there were armory's and shooting areas.

Amazing what you can do with an unlimited budget.

A lot of underground ranges were installed in the downtown DC core.. pick an alphabet agency and there probably was/is one. Not talking concrete bunkers with simple backstops either, but really nice facilities with separate lexan encased control R.O. rooms, video coverage on each lane, high-tech sound proofing, lighting and air handling plants.

Even Portland had a number of underground ranges in places such as the Edith Greene Fed. Bldg, the old 3rd Ave Portland Police Bldg and the Federal Reserve.
Some of them were decommissioned when EPA and OSHA started griping about lead fumes being exhausted out to street level.

How do you know they don't have one or more shooting ranges under the White House?

When I worked for the VOA (we could see into the yard of the White House from the roof) we use to use the underground walkways (more like 2 lane highways) that went between the buildings, over to the White House and who knows who else. When President Reagan and President Bush Sr. would come over to make their VOA broadcasts they would use the underground walkways to drive over. They had at least one large gym (that I knew of), bowling alley, commissary, kitchens, etc., down there and since the Secret Service also had areas down there I'm sure there were armory's and shooting areas. Most people don't realize just how much of DC is under ground... some of it going down multiple layers. I got to see lots of interesting things when I worked at the Voice of America.

Mike
Lol OBAMA HAD THEM FILLED WITH RAINBOW COLOR CEMENT .
THEN HE ARMED THE SECRETSERVICE WITH THE TECHNOLOGY.
That they don't need guns .
They just need a Warrant.
Then they call in the local Sheriff to do the raid

Amazing what you can do with an unlimited budget.

A lot of underground ranges were installed in the downtown DC core.. pick an alphabet agency and there probably was/is one. Not talking concrete bunkers with simple backstops either, but really nice facilities with separate lexan encased control R.O. rooms, video coverage on each lane, high-tech sound proofing, lighting and air handling plants.

Even Portland had a number of underground ranges in places such as the Edith Greene Fed. Bldg, the old 3rd Ave Portland Police Bldg and the Federal Reserve.
Some of them were decommissioned when EPA and OSHA started griping about lead fumes being exhausted out to street level.
I took my California CCW course a couple months ago in San Diego. There was a judge in our class doing his renewal. He and the instructor got to talking and it turns out that there were not one but two ranges in the old San Diego courthouse building...which is about to come down. But the judges had their own range up on the 6th floor supposedly. Who knew!?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top