JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would make sure you look at a bersa/firestorm 380. it looks like a walther ppks but less expensive and a lot better shooter. I love mine.

But if I was going to buy another carry gun I would go with a small 357 revolver.

I carry a Kahr MK9. Other than the weight (weighs 1 ounce less than my full sized XD40:s0001:), I love this gun. Great accuracy, sweet trigger, never jams, eats everything, and very concealable. If the PM9's are anything like the MK9, I'd highly recommend. I just say PM9 because of the lighter weight. I carry in a small-of-back holster when I wear a button up shirt or jacket, IWB when I am wearing a T-shirt. Tried just putting it in my pocket, but it always worked it's way into a position that was hard to get it out.

I carry a Rohrbaugh R9S in a Bianchi Pocket Change holster......Most of the time I carry it in my front pocket or cargo pants pocket.......Call me paranoid :s0131: but I also sleep with it holstered under my pillow.

Like most pocket guns it is meant to carry often and shoot a little.....My wife hates the recoil so much we bought her a Kahr PM9 which does feel more comfortable shooting and is only a bit bigger and heavier than the R9.

I am also looking for an even smaller and lighter pistol for the few times the R9 just seems too big.

Just ran across this thread and decided to add my $0.02.

Lots and lots of possibilities. The Seecamp is as good as it gets from a reliability viewpoint. Don't overlook the Walther PPS, however. It might be a bit large for your tastes, but it's the real deal and is worth a considerable look, IMO.

How about something like this? A Colt Model 1908 Hammerless Pocket Pistol in .25 auto:

Colt1908-2.jpg

Or maybe a Polish P-64 in 9mm Mak or FEG SMC-380?

FEGandP-64.jpg

I have big pocket's and don't want to be under armed when the zombies come. Especially the meth addict zombies.
I carry a Kimber ultra in the CDP or Eclipse model. 7 in the clip and one in the tube in 45 acp is what gives me piece of mind,and unless your really looking you can't tell I'm carrying, even with just a t-shirt on. A Ruger SP-101 is my second choice. I just don't like small weak caliber's even though they hold more rounds and are easier to hide.I prefer to work harder at hiding the bigger caliber's.
One of my other favorite warm weather conceal trick's is the fanny pack. AND DON'T GET IT IN BLACK! Black means tactical. Green or blue or what ever, means granola bar's and bottled water, not 1911! I'm in shorts and a tank top with my fanny pack with a 45 and 2 spare clip's. Very reassuring.

Sorry for the bad cell phone pics.
My AMT backup .45 acp. Small, sturdy and I've been lucky to have a reliable one. From what I've read researching these lil guys, some have not been reliable as it seems to be hit or miss to find a functioning one. Mine is one of the good ones so far as I can tell. It has only had a hiccup with using hollow points on one occasion. I switched to using round nose fmj and have gone through 6 boxes with no f2f's as of yet. Some who have owned these have complained about the heavy trigger pull and lack of sights. I find the pull on mine to be no more than some DA revolvers and the sight groove is enough for me to keep em on a paper plate at 10 yards. For what I gave for it, I am very pleased with having such good things in a small package.

I often pocket carry. Here are my two favorites.

Kahr PM9 in a FIST thin kydex holster. I really like the holster.
Kahr-RR-holster.jpg

Taurus 905 9mm with CT grips in a Kramer holster.
Taurus-TF-holster.jpg

I had an LCP, but just wasn't comfortable relying on .380. Sure it might work in most instances, but I just feel more comfortable with something big enough to not raise the "what if" question in the first place.

Enter the S&W M&P340CT .357Mag with Crimson Trace laser. MUCH better sights than the LCP, easily carried in jeans pocket, and no question that it has enough "oomph" to get the job done.

I have shot the P3AT and LCP, and was going to buy an LCP, but then Taurus brought out the 738TCP in .380.

Of the 3-Keltec, Ruger and the Taurus, the Taurus is the only one that the slide locks back in the open position after the last shot, comes with 2 magazines instead of 1, and also comes with a PDA type belt holster.

Before anyone bashes Taurus, they should know that this model is the first Taurus that is all "Made in the USA".

My TCP has had 0 failures of any kind since I have bought it. It will shoot FMJ, JHP, Golden Saber, Hornady Critical Defense with no problems. The grip is much more comfortable than either the P3AT or LCP. The trigger guard is also slightly larger than the Ruger or KT, so if you have larger fingers it is something to consider.

I carry mine in an Uncle Mike's Size 2 Cushioned pocket holster, and unless I am wearing jeans, it completely disappears in my pocket, and I don't even realize it is there.

I picked up a brand new stainless steel slide model for $240 + background and transfer fees.
If you are on a budget and are looking for a pocket .380, the TCP, LCP, or P3AT are all good options. While none of these 3 guns could be considered 'fun' to shoot, the TCP is by far the most comfortable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

I think in this category there are lots of options, but the best- based on my experience with them and 1000's of rounds through some of them, without issue, in the dirt and dust, etc. is that Kahr is hands down the way to go. No safeties, no decocks, nothing- just draw, aim, shoot. Super reliable once "broken in". Like previous poster this is somewhere between 50-200 rds, not necessarily the 200 rounds Kahr suggests.

P9 Coverts, P9's, PM9's- all great. P380, again, great. Little tricky to put back together, but super reliable thus far.

The CW Kahr's are very price competitive, and I'd recommend them as well for the budget minded Kahr purchase. I know there are tons of small 380's and 32's, but I see a 380 as the minimum and only really because you couldn't conceal something bigger, like a PM9 or even a Glock 19. Always carry the most you can hide, I say. :cool:

I have shot the P3AT and LCP, and was going to buy an LCP, but then Taurus brought out the 738TCP in .380.

Of the 3-Keltec, Ruger and the Taurus, the Taurus is the only one that the slide locks back in the open position after the last shot, comes with 2 magazines instead of 1, and also comes with a PDA type belt holster.

Before anyone bashes Taurus, they should know that this model is the first Taurus that is all "Made in the USA".

My TCP has had 0 failures of any kind since I have bought it. It will shoot FMJ, JHP, Golden Saber, Hornady Critical Defense with no problems. The grip is much more comfortable than either the P3AT or LCP. The trigger guard is also slightly larger than the Ruger or KT, so if you have larger fingers it is something to consider.

I carry mine in an Uncle Mike's Size 2 Cushioned pocket holster, and unless I am wearing jeans, it completely disappears in my pocket, and I don't even realize it is there.

I picked up a brand new stainless steel slide model for $240 + background and transfer fees.
If you are on a budget and are looking for a pocket .380, the TCP, LCP, or P3AT are all good options. While none of these 3 guns could be considered 'fun' to shoot, the TCP is by far the most comfortable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

I concur. I tried the LCP, TCP, Diamondback, and Kel-tec at the local gun shop and went with the TCP. I had some serious fte at first, sent it back to Taurus, and it has worked like a dream since, even with TULA ammo. I can usually hit the 18" gong once at 25 yds with 6 shots, which I consider good for a pocket pistol.

Ruger LCR. Awesome trigger, awesome grips, lightweight, absolute reliability with any ammo, 38spl+P beats any .380 round all to hell in terms of stopping power. They run around $150 more than any of the pocket .380's but when you factor in the cost of unneeded break-in ammo and the lack of any need to test for reliable feeding and extraction, it comes out pretty even. I carry mine in a Galco pocket holseter and it just vanishes into the front pocket of a pair of jeans or shorts.