Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pocket Guns

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by parsons_12b, Apr 21, 2009.

1. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Im looking for a small carry gun that can fit in my front pocket I want it to atleast be a 380. Im currently looking at Keltecs and the ruger LCP. Any suggetsions on other options?
    J.P.

2. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

I carry my PM9 in front or rear pocket with High Noon pocket holster... lots of fire power in a small package.

3. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

I came across a P32 for a good deal and that's what I usually throw in my pocket if nothing else works. I just traded into a PF9 that might end up taking the 32's place. The P32 slips right into any pocket and just disappears. The PF9 is large enough that it takes a little more work.

It all depends on the size of your pockets really, I personally know people that pocket carry subcompact Glocks :)

4. pirateer2007

pirateer2007 Spokane Wa Member

Keltec P3AT with integrated belt clip all the way.

5. VinnieBoomBah

VinnieBoomBah Hillsboro OR Active Member

Kick it old school with a Colt Pocket Model "M"!

6. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

A Kel-Tec P3AT fits just right in my back jeans pocket. My S&W 642 is slightly too large.

7. Logical1

Logical1 southeast portland, OR Member

I love my seacamp .32 really small, stainless and you know its going to allow an exit from a bad situation upon impact. and realiability is the first and foremost think to consider when you start to look at a pocket gun. just because they fit in the pocket doesnt mean they all are you bet your life reliable. just my :twocents:

8. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

I chose a S&W Airlite revolver.... the Centennial model have no exposed hammer, it is concealed and so cannot snag or collect extraneous items. Available in calibers up to .357, VERY light and compact (eleven ounces empty). Short barrel shortens range, but for a pocket carry gun, not much of an issue. Thin and small.....

9. Spad

Spad Kennewick,WA, the desert side Active Member

Depends on your size. I carry a Taurus PT111 in my front pocket or a Kel-Tec P32, even carried a Makarov. The Makarov 9mm is more powerful then a .380. Maks are good pistols too, always work. I have big cargo pants and have even carried one of my Sigs in the front pocket. Spad

10. parsons_12b

Wow great responses I have some reaserch to go do.

11. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

12. Anoldbaldman

Anoldbaldman Oregon Member

Kahr PM9

13. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

For a pocket I've been using the Kel Tec PF-9 without the finger extention in a Desantis. I also carry it easily in the 9:30 position for a Lefty, if the pants I'm wearing don't have the right pockets for carry. I never know it's there. I'm going to get a J frame shortlt and will be experimenting with that.

14. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Kahr PM9

not just because I sell them............because they are the best for pocket firepower.

15. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

No question the Kahr is better then the kel-tec but is it a little more then twice as good as the price tag is more then twice a kel-tec pf-9?

Steven

Anyone have thoughts on comparision with price factored in and I know for me price is a pretty big factor.

16. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

you see the Pk380? I posted a topic on it in the handgun section. its about the same size as the P22 and its only 360$ when it comes out

17. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

I'd venture to say the Kahr's are worth the extra $$$.

I've owned a Kahr CW40 and currently own both a Keltec P32 and PF9. If I had the chance to trade them both for a PM9 I would in a heartbeat. Even though Kahr said give the pistol a 200 round break in period mine was 100% from round 1. Every now and then it would hang up when chambering a round manually, but never when the pistol was cycling by itself. It was quite a tack driver as well.

18. numbnutz

numbnutz molalla Active Member

I just recently had a chance to shoot the lcp,its nice having something that small the price tag is also quite nice. Maybe it was just me but it didn't seem very accurate

19. parsons_12b

I decided to buy a Keltec 380 I know it is not a 9mm but the size is perfect for what I want.

20. hyperparasite

hyperparasite Hillsboro, OR Member

A newer option in the backup/pocket gun category is the .380 caliber Micro Desert Eagle by Magnum Research. It appears to be durable and well styled. I've also read two glowing reviews of this pistol in recent magazines.

Check it out here: http://www.magnumresearch.com/Micro_Eagle.asp