JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask how anyone really knows why this gun blew up? Maybe the ammo, maybe the firearm, maybe something lodged in the chamber or bore, maybe just a gun failure.

We can't prove it was the ammo. We can't prove it was purely firearm related. We can't prove the operator didn't have a hand in this. So for the ammo and/or firearm/parts company to step forward and help out, is good of them all, but why continue to unequivocally claim it was the fault of the ammo?

It wasn't that long ago, I blew up a 10mm 1911. Ruger claimed it was the ammo. The ammo company wasn't interested. Neither Ruger or the ammo company stepped forward to help out. It was only because of Davidson's Lifetime Warranty that the pistol was ultimately replaced. For me to blame the ammo would be a copout. And it was a copout for Ruger to blame the ammo. And I don't believe the ammo was the culprit at all. But I'm not just gonna automatically blame an ammo company to give everybody else an easy way out.

I repaired a lot of M-16's while I was in the Army. Some of them pretty mangled. Never once did we jump to the conclusion that bad ammo damaged the gun. We jumped to the conclusion that the AR is fragile, and they just blow up when they feel like it. If the Army thought for a second the failures were purely ammo related, they could have sent a lot of repair bills to the ammo company.
;)
I agree. Could have been an out of battery detonation. Just because upper tier parts are used doesn't mean they can't fail at any time.
Was a FA, giggle switch, belt loop involved?

Before I started reloading, that was the only ammo that I used, and shot thousands through my bushmaster with no failures.

I agree. Could have been an out of battery detonation.
Kind of like the thread I previously started about something similar I saw on another forum?

The case looks almost the same.

DSCF6332.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews