JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The California Endowment, a private foundation that is spending millions to promote US President Barack Obama's signature "Obamacare" law, recently provided a $US500,000 grant to ensure TV writers and producers have information about the Affordable Care Act that can be stitched into plot lines watched by millions.

The aim is to produce compelling prime-time narratives that encourage Americans to enroll, especially the young and healthy, Hispanics and other key demographic groups needed to make the overhaul a success.

"We know from research that when people watch entertainment television, even if they know it's fiction, they tend to believe that the factual stuff is actually factual," said Martin Kaplan of the University of Southern California's Norman Lear Centre, which received the grant.

The public typically gets as much, if not more, information about current events from favourite TV programs as mainstream news outlets, Kaplan said, so "people learn from these shows."

Hopes Hollywood can write plot lines about 'Obamacare' into TV shows, promote US health care law | News.com.au

It's so annoying trying to relax and tune out watching TV when suddenly a not so subtle message on gun control or health care is snuck in. In many cases it's a big part of the plot as in "Breaking Bad". Poor Walt and his Brother in-law, a teacher and a cop with health insurance problems? BS! Public employees have it better than a l lot of us. It almost ruins an otherwise good show and the low info voters take this propaganda as fact!
This brainwashing has been going on for years pushing progressive ideas only now it's out in the open.

Super. More mind control psy-ops from the Ministry of Truth. And here I though between the Kardashians, Jersey Shore and Justin Bieber Obama had everything covered.....

bieber_zpscdb13a7d.jpg

Like they really needed a grant for this. Global warming, gun control, hating on traditional families or Christians and Southerners etc..,All fair game to these writers. Things that are always shown in a positive light are single Moms, Gay lifestyle, illegal immigration, all other religions but Christian etc.. I've got no problem with single Moms or gays or Muslims or legal immigrants but stop shoving it in my face everytime I turn on the TV. Save the propaganda for the evening news thank you!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews