Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Please Thank Our Supporting Members & Vendors

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Joe Link, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I wanted to create a quick thread to thank all of our Supporting Members. Last March when we had to upgrade our server many of you really stepped up and helped out. I can honestly say that without your donations, this site would not be here. One of the founding principles of this site is that it will always be free to use. I believe in rewarding our donors, not in restricting those who do not donate. I've noticed that as some of those Supporting Memberships are coming up for renewal some of you are choosing to support us once again, and it couldn't come at a better time.

Most of you know that next month we’ll be launching the brand new version of Northwest Firearms. This has been a costly endeavor for us, but it needed to be done for a couple reasons. First, our current forum software is now unsupported. Any issues we have with it, we have to go it alone. This also means any further development, bug fixes, etc. have ceased. This leads to the second reason, development of new features and resources. You don’t want to build a house on a poor foundation, just as we don’t want to develop these new features and resources on our outdated and unsupported forum software.

The server upgrade we performed last year is still doing a fine job, so we’re OK on that front for a while. Our next step will be to actually add a second server alongside the first, bittersweet in that it means we’re growing, but expensive.

I’m really, really excited for you guys to see this new site. Not only is it a huge step forward for us, in terms of ease of use and functionality it’s putting us well ahead of most other forums on the internet. Almost like going from a 1979 F150 to a 2014 F350. The nice thing is those who prefer the simplicity of the F150 will feel just as comfortable as the guy who wants every technological bell and whistle available.

Anyhow, I’m rambling a bit. I really just wanted to thank you again.

Cheers,
    Joe Link

2. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

Thank you to all the supporting members, vendors, adminstrators, and moderators who put their time, talents, and treasure into making NWFA a great place to be!

3. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Thanks to everyone for all you do! This is a great site and also has a bunch of great members with a lot of great info!

4. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

Some of the best people in the North West for info, help, advice, and Pro 2nd amendment.

5. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Thanks, Joe, for all that you have done to keep this forum running. It's a great site. You're doing a fantastic job.

6. WinterBaer45

WinterBaer45 Oregon city Member

Yes thank you! I talk with friends across this nation and everyone else is always jealous we have such a fantastic hub to integrate with as a community, You make it possible!

7. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Thank you, Joe. I just renewed my membership. After trying out the new forum software, I think I can say that just about everyone will be very pleased with the new look and functions. Keep up the good work, Joe!

8. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just reupped my membership. And thanks Joe! Without this website there would be many things that i wouldn't have learned and some great deals i would have not gotten!

9. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

I have enjoyed being here and hope for the best as things move forward. Thanks to everyone who has helped out financially.

10. Tbucket

Tbucket Olympia,Wash. Active Member

Thanks Joe for a great site! Will be reupping next week, worth every penny.

11. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

Thank you.

12. FortunateSon

FortunateSon Marion County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had used the site for two years without supporting it and was happy to buy a Bronze when the site needed the funds. I wish I could have done more. My renewal date is coming up and I will renew my Bronze, and again, wish I could do more.

Thanks, Joe, for the excellent site. I am looking forward to the new design. And thanks to everyone else who supports the site.

13. madmax

madmax woodburn Active Member

Keep it up!
    This is this first I look for anything. And I have yet to be disappoint

14. SANS503

SANS503 Portland Member

Thanking you for this website.Here we can trade,talk and sell gun.

15. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Thanks Joe and all of our sponsors and supporters!

16. Aka47

Aka47 Portland Oregon Member

Thank you for the Great site easy to use and friendly members as well :)

17. Andrew25

Andrew25 PA New Member

Thanks all supporters of this forum for supporting :thumbup: