JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wanted to create a quick thread to thank all of our Supporting Members. Last March when we had to upgrade our server many of you really stepped up and helped out. I can honestly say that without your donations, this site would not be here. One of the founding principles of this site is that it will always be free to use. I believe in rewarding our donors, not in restricting those who do not donate. I've noticed that as some of those Supporting Memberships are coming up for renewal some of you are choosing to support us once again, and it couldn't come at a better time.

Most of you know that next month we'll be launching the brand new version of Northwest Firearms. This has been a costly endeavor for us, but it needed to be done for a couple reasons. First, our current forum software is now unsupported. Any issues we have with it, we have to go it alone. This also means any further development, bug fixes, etc. have ceased. This leads to the second reason, development of new features and resources. You don't want to build a house on a poor foundation, just as we don't want to develop these new features and resources on our outdated and unsupported forum software.

The server upgrade we performed last year is still doing a fine job, so we're OK on that front for a while. Our next step will be to actually add a second server alongside the first, bittersweet in that it means we're growing, but expensive.

I'm really, really excited for you guys to see this new site. Not only is it a huge step forward for us, in terms of ease of use and functionality it's putting us well ahead of most other forums on the internet. Almost like going from a 1979 F150 to a 2014 F350. The nice thing is those who prefer the simplicity of the F150 will feel just as comfortable as the guy who wants every technological bell and whistle available.

Anyhow, I'm rambling a bit. I really just wanted to thank you again.

Cheers,
Joe Link

Thank you, Joe. I just renewed my membership. After trying out the new forum software, I think I can say that just about everyone will be very pleased with the new look and functions. Keep up the good work, Joe!

I just reupped my membership. And thanks Joe! Without this website there would be many things that i wouldn't have learned and some great deals i would have not gotten!

I had used the site for two years without supporting it and was happy to buy a Bronze when the site needed the funds. I wish I could have done more. My renewal date is coming up and I will renew my Bronze, and again, wish I could do more.

Thanks, Joe, for the excellent site. I am looking forward to the new design. And thanks to everyone else who supports the site.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top