JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You bought a capable firearm. Anyone who says otherwise is full of it. Brand loyalty and cosmetics play too much of a role in firearms suggestions by the ignorant. A competent shooter can take a gun they've never shot, put a box through it to familiarize, and be at least passable.
Shame on you, all that logic making sense and stuff.

:D

You bought a capable firearm. Anyone who says otherwise is full of it. Brand loyalty and cosmetics play too much of a role in firearms suggestions by the ignorant. A competent shooter can take a gun they've never shot, put a box through it to familiarize, and be at least passable.
With a few exceptions, I'd agree. High recoil firearms like my 454 casul or a 50ae desert eagle may be out of some people's capability to control. ( I like my hand cannon pistols) These are out there, but I live in the "out there" on firearms.

Too much is made about brand. I prefer Sigs and Berettas in general. They overall fit in my hand nicer as a rule. That rule extends to me and probably 2 of my brothers as our hand size and shape are outliers. But I am a firm believer that you should find the best ergonomic choice for you that you shoot well, as long as it is reliable. Will it be different than mine? Probably.

I am just glad we live in a time where we have lots of options.

It's shocking, cuz I'm a girl, ok lady (old AF 😂) and I was intimated by guys with decades of experience using them in the military and at home.
You were "intimated"? :eek:

I assumed, they'd be irritated with me in general however I've got nothing but great advice, great expert advice, and looking forward to learning more.
I don't know a guy alive who would be irritated while being "intimated"!

So any voluntary information, advise, suggestions, I truly appreciate and look forward to learn from everyone, here.

Best wishes,
Margie

As a professional grammar and spelling naz…. er, I mean "fanatic" and local jovial forum troll… my advise is NEVER trust auto-correct, and don't be intimidated by us arse-heads… it's done outta funnin'!

;) :D

You were "intimated"? :eek:

I don't know a guy alive who would be irritated while being "intimated"!

As a professional grammar and spelling naz…. er, I mean "fanatic" and local jovial forum troll… my advise is NEVER trust auto-correct, and don't be intimidated by us arse-heads… it's done outta funnin'!

;) :D
Good advise! Advice? :s0084:

Welcome to the Forum! Congrats on your first hand gun. Time to start looking for your 2nd :)

Check out the Resources tab:
Places to shop and shoot. If you find a place you like and it isn't listed, it helps to post it.

Cheers

Amen!

Cate

Well, well.... helloooooo.

Looking Jim Carrey GIF

and I was intimated by guys with decades of experience using them in the military and at home.
I assumed, they'd be irritated with me in general however I've got nothing but great advice, great expert advice, and looking forward to learning more.
Glad to hear your breaking down personal "barriers" if you will. Men usually are timid these days as the social angst has our guards way up high at about defcon 4. If we know female is open to it, and not judge mental towards us almost all of us are happy to help and like being around those women. And women feel that kind of standoffishness very prevalently and its a sort of uncomfortable hurdle to get over but I think its always made up to be a lot bigger deal than it is/should be.
As a man, its funny to see another man flip a total 180 when dealing with women. Like being a dick to most all other dudes and then always have the cheeziest "smitten smirk" when talking to about any female. So women have that going for them.

But yeah anyway men and women need to get back together and help break down this social antagonism towards each other. Seems society keeps telling us to hate each other. I don't get the whole hate white men movement and how it even started; but thats a whole mother ball of wax.

Anyway again, good to have you!

Yes, I'm new to it all.
Yes, I'm old AF!
Yes, I took initial courses.
Yes, I got ccw or in WA clp (concealed license permit).
Yes, I went to the range.
Yes, I made my first purchase.
Yes, it's a Glock 45 gen 5.

I've got to say that everyone had stong feelings with Glock either way: they loved it or hated it.
To each his own, right?

I'm so fortunate to have such great people around willing to help, like everyone is really nice and helpful!

It's shocking, cuz I'm a girl, ok lady (old AF 😂) and I was intimated by guys with decades of experience using them in the military and at home.

These folks (pew pew enthusiast) are the best people through and through. There's no judgement. There's just sincerity when assisting, advising, teaching, and so on. Now, I look forward to growing in my skills, and 🛍️🛒 for more and start a collection of my own shootie shoots' 😁

So any voluntary information, advise, suggestions, I truly appreciate and look forward to learn from everyone, here.

Best wishes,
Margie
G45 is an amazing choice! Great size, shape, feel and performance. Its tan brother from the same mother is creeping into my must shoot on range trips. (the 19X) I have a "few" other Glocks and that 19x/45 is well done. Also those G17 mags are about as common as pancakes in the shooting world. Stock up on those 17 and 19 round mags that are in WA now, so you have them.

Enjoy the board and welcome!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads