JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, I'm new to it all.
Yes, I'm old AF!
Yes, I took initial courses.
Yes, I got ccw or in WA clp (concealed license permit).
Yes, I went to the range.
Yes, I made my first purchase.
Yes, it's a Glock 45 gen 5.

I've got to say that everyone had stong feelings with Glock either way: they loved it or hated it.
To each his own, right?

I'm so fortunate to have such great people around willing to help, like everyone is really nice and helpful!

It's shocking, cuz I'm a girl, ok lady (old AF 😂) and I was intimated by guys with decades of experience using them in the military and at home.
I assumed, they'd be irritated with me in general however I've got nothing but great advice, great expert advice, and looking forward to learning more.

These folks (pew pew enthusiast) are the best people through and through. There's no judgement. There's just sincerity when assisting, advising, teaching, and so on. Now, I look forward to growing in my skills, and 🛍️🛒 for more and start a collection of my own shootie shoots' 😁

So any voluntary information, advise, suggestions, I truly appreciate and look forward to learn from everyone, here.

Best wishes,
Margie

b0d5e333cbc2d6f51185f6e9b0c398cf.jpg

I'm just kidding. Welcome.

Welcome!

I'm in my 40's so probably old AF according to the cool kids.

Don't be intimidated by people who have military or LE training. I've had some really bad firearms training in the military police and some really great training from civilian sources. I've seen some terrible military marksmanship and expert civilian marksmanship and vice versa. It usually boils down to training, dry fire and live fire. Be yourself.

:s0022:

Yes, I'm new to it all.
Yes, I'm old AF!

I've got to say that everyone had stong feelings with Glock either way: they loved it or hated it.
To each his own, right?

I'm so fortunate to have such great people around willing to help, like everyone is really nice and helpful!

It's shocking, cuz I'm a girl, ok lady (old AF 😂) and I was intimated by guys with decades of experience using them in the military and at home.
I assumed, they'd be irritated with me in general however I've got nothing but great advice, great expert advice, and looking forward to learning more.

These folks (pew pew enthusiast) are the best people through and through. There's no judgement. There's just sincerity when assisting, advising, teaching, and so on. Now, I look forward to growing in my skills, and 🛍️🛒 for more and start a collection of my own shootie shoots' 😁

So any voluntary information, advise, suggestions, I truly appreciate and look forward to learn from everyone, here.

Best wishes,
Margie
Glock block :p

194C174A-070E-4EF8-BD1C-B481ED8437BB.jpeg

Welcome!

Yes, I'm new to it all.
Yes, I'm old AF!

To each his own, right?

Best wishes,
Margie
This is a refreshing new pew enthusiast intro!! Welcome to the lifestyle of the responsibly armed citizens!! Train train and then train some more! And have fun along the way!! Welcome to nwfa!!

Yes, I'm new to it all.
Yes, I'm old AF!

To each his own, right?

Best wishes,
Margie
Welcome. I am not a glock fanboy, in fact I am not even a fan, but they are good guns, reliable. I primarily carry Sigs but I believe a lot of it is simply ergonomics and hand shape and such that are critical. Now there are some brands I view with a jaundiced eye, but Glock isn't óne of them. One thing I recommend is seeing if you have a gun collector friend who can bring some stuff to try out on a range day. It is fun. And you may get exposed to a gem. And if they are like me, it is a chance to show off the collection.

One thing I reccomend is a .22 pistol, just because ammo is relatively cheap and they are a fun way to practice marksmanship without needing a second mortgage.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Carry and shoot what you're comfortable with. My philosophy... if anyone is smack talkin your choice of firearm... they're just jealous. :s0155:

Welcome!

These folks (pew pew enthusiast) are the best people through and through. There's no judgement. There's just sincerity when assisting, advising, teaching, and so on.
I think this has a lot to do with the fact there are less of us everyday. Sure more gun owners, but less old wise (or young) folks actively shooting on a regular basis. When we see new folks we actively are excited to get an opportunity to pass on the knowledge and experiences we have learned.

Join a range if you have not already. If it is something you truly enjoy, try a few different firearm disciplines. Not only will you learn via the exposure, but you'll also find more people you may enjoy being around.

Welcome to the community! Great intro. I started with a Glock as the Gen 3 G35 pistol I bought for my first just fit my hand well and I was fairly accurate with it. I was exposed to others and now have a decent little collection of various makes & models. It's a great hobby. Shoot what YOU love, have fun and practice, practice practice!

Welcome Margie, great first post!

Welcome to NWFA, the greatest firearms forum on the inter webs. We're more like a great big dysfunctional family, you'll get to k is the regulars with time. You won't find a greater gathering of firearms enthusiasts anywhere, nor a group that'll come to your aid or have your back.

There's lots of knowledge here, don't be afraid to ask. It's great to have you here and I'm looking forward to your growth as a firearms enthusiast as well as how your collection will undoubtably grow over time.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top