JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I need to put up some cabinets in my basement. Nothing too fancy or that requires special ordering. Anyone recommend a place that my have a decent selection and prices in the Portland area?

Look at the ReStore in cascade park. Goodwill ish but for home appliances and take outs that are donated.

I've seen entire kitchen cabinets that were REAL wood, not particle board in there for under a couple hundred... just have to keep going back to look.

I'd sugest Fri and Sat as that is when stuff comes in the most.

Unfortunately, I don't have tons of time to go and check the ReStore (it's a fair drive for me) but will try and drop by if I'm ever near there. CL can be kind of time consuming too when you live out in the boonies.

I'm sure I've heard of places that were manufacturers with their own store fronts before but maybe I am wrong.

Anyone you know of doing a kitchen remodel?
Call remodeling contractors. Put the word out what you're wanting. I've seen full sets of take-out cabinets sitting in shops.

Im a carpenter by trade and if you are patient and not too picky about the cabinets ill post in here when i am on a demo job full of cabinets.U would be able to pick them up for free..i just trashed room upon room of cabinets out of kaiser on interstate ave( I just remodeled the whole pediatrics area) ... now i cant guarantee it willll be tomorrow or in next four months but im sure will come across some again and whe i do ill post here if i remember !

Home Depot I think even has to custom order their stuff.

@SKrueger kmows of a custom cabinet builder I think but that's not going to be cheap I would wager.

There is a custom cabinet shop in our building really good people. They can order high end to low end vary basic cabinets. If anyone is interested please hit me up and I will give you contact info. :)

Anyone you know of doing a kitchen remodel?
Call remodeling contractors. Put the word out what you're wanting. I've seen full sets of take-out cabinets sitting in shops.

custom cabinet companies throw away good cabinets all the time. If you ask them they will save them and a lot of times give them to you if you pick them up from the job site.

+1 on the contractor.

I had a friend who was a contractor and gave me some cabinets for my garage he took out of a kitchen.

Call custom cabinet shops in the area and see if they had any that were cancelled orders or left overs.

Im a carpenter by trade and if you are patient and not too picky about the cabinets ill post in here when i am on a demo job full of cabinets.U would be able to pick them up for free..i just trashed room upon room of cabinets out of kaiser on interstate ave( I just remodeled the whole pediatrics area) ... now i cant guarantee it willll be tomorrow or in next four months but im sure will come across some again and whe i do ill post here if i remember !

I cannot believe some of the cabinets that get tossed into recycle bins at demo jobs. I ended up with some fine cabinets at one time for my reloading room this way.

I got permission to strip what I wanted from a couple of houses being demolished for a new hwy interchange near my house.
One house had a whole kitchen full of steel cabinets sold by sears.
They were real easy to remove and install in my shop.

I'm totally not in a hurry and would even give you some .22LR or Beer for the opportunity!

Thanks

@PBinWA I just spoke to a couple installers here in my shop in Vancouver. They are going to let me know the next time they do a kitchen tear out.

The cabinets would be no cost to you deal is you would have to take them all.:rolleyes:

If your interested shoot me a PM with your contact number and I will call you next time they do a tear out.

I cannot believe some of the cabinets that get tossed into recycle bins at demo jobs. I ended up with some fine cabinets at one time for my reloading room this way.
man you have no idea(well maybe you do but) we're at ohsu working off of 158th ,my guy that swings doors is helping me demo walls with doors he just swung for first time 6 months ago....

Dont know about any services available in Portland. Would love to suggest you darker colors like emerald green, cranberry red and navy blue which would definietly be a style statement. The sky is the limit when it comes to choosing the cabinet colors. Among styles like contemporary, modern, rustic, shaker, country, I prefer modern. Check which best suits your taste and requirement. Check this article on how to choose the best kitchen cabinet How To Find The Right Cabinets For Your Kitchen | Lancaster. Cabinets are one of the most expensive elements in a kitchen. So it is advisable carefully consider before purchasing any particular brand.

I believe these cabinets he is looking for are going into the basement so they should be purple.:D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews