JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone. So it looks like I might be able to have some more free time on my hands in the spring and summer, and am looking into taking some more handgun and carbine classes. Do we have any great training centers around the area for civilians, or have any cool guys coming to the area putting on classes? I'm most interested in defense and tactical classes, and I can travel a state outside of Washington if needed.

Thanks for any suggestions ahead of time!

This sounds like a shameless plug and perhaps it is...we are an NWF sponsor and actually the first business sponsor of this forum if memory serves me correctly. Anyway, for the last 17 years we've been providing defensive small arms training with students traveling from all over the U.S. Our student body includes men/women from the military, law enforcement, security, private contractors, and corrections just to name a few. Most of students comprise of "Jane and Joe Doe's" who take their personal security and small arms skills/tactics seriously. We have a highly seasoned and professional staff along with an impeccable safety record. In fact our unique Emergency Response Plan has been featured in a trade publication.

We have a dedicated academy situated on over a 1000 acres located in the heart of the Willamette Valley in Oregon with classroom, support buildings, range and a tactical "simulator village." Because we have a dedicated private academy you do not have to compete for space or parking or have distractions or noise from others like you would at a local gun range. Our facility is totally dedicated to enhancing "learning effectiveness and student comfort." When you show up to an OFA class you and your class have the entire facility dedicated to you - and we're not nomads living out of a suitcase...our community is our home also so we try to give back and make our community (on this forum and elsewhere) a priority.

We'd be humbled and honored to have you give us careful consideration. Choosing a quality school to train from is an important first step and we understand this. If you want to chat with me personally then feel free to call our business office at 541-451-5532 or email at [email protected] If 'm not in the office then ask the office for me to return your call and I'll gladly do so on our dime.

Best of luck as you begin your training journey!

Join us on Facebook! Here is our website - www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com

Dan

Dan, I appreciate the shameless plug. I will definitely consider OFA as I look for classes. Glad to see we have an awesome training area in Oregon!

Awesome! We'd be honored. Please feel free to give me a call. Even if you want to train with someone else I'll glad help you out along your way!

Oh and we have a sponsor's section on this forum if you want to go in there and learn about other members experiences, photos of classes etc. One of our moderators attended a Defensive Handgun 1 and provided an unsolicited article. Here is his write up - http://www.northwestfirearms.com/fi...training-day-ofa-oregon-firearms-academy.html

Dan, I appreciate the shameless plug. I will definitely consider OFA as I look for classes. Glad to see we have an awesome training area in Oregon!

+1 for OFA. I'm an LEO and have taken 100+ hours of Handgun and Carbine training from OFA, including a week long instructor development course. If you want VERY professional and top notch training from a group of knowledgable, squared away but humble folks, OFA is the place. Looking forward to Advanced Carbine later this year!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top