JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These...

9B6C00A9-7590-4883-AB3F-CC1B68D8B40F.jpeg

Like the pistol hangers, work good. I keep the empty factory boxes in a larger cardboard box, labeled with some BS stuff. Don't need to have them out in the open, for someone to see what's inside the safe...:eek:

I use the Hyskore modular 6 pistol racks on shelves in the safe. It's closed cell foam and protects them from falling over and knocking into each other. I like them better than the coated metal wire racks. No rust issues yet.

I used to do that, but the boxes take up too much room. I switched over to lockdown (or similar) wire pistol racks.

For the pistols and firearms I keep in storage, I grease them up and seal them in plastic bags.

My biggest tip to everyone/anyone I meet with a safe is to get a basic digital hygrometer with memory functionality.

This is the one I have, $13 on Amazon

71SpwFA1tsL._SL1000_.jpg

At my last place, I kept my safe in the garage. I kept large desiccant containers that would need recharging every 4-5 days! So I bought the hygrometer and found my garage was a steady 49-53% humidity. Stopped worrying about desiccant and never a spot of rust.

Then we moved. I didn't think to check the humidity in the new garage, there were plenty of other things to worry about. 3 weeks after moving in, I go shooting and noticed small specs of rust on the screws for my optic mount! I check the hygrometer, 73%!?!

The new garage is basically a steam room... but, on the plus side, it gave me an excuse to move the safe into the house :D

I do not store my pistols in their boxes while in my Golden Rod equipped gun safe.

I store them in Sack-Up silicone treated gun socks for pistols. The socks prevent rust and wick any moisture away from the firearms, provides firearm protection in storage or for in the field, prevents dings and scratches, and keeps my firearms looking new.

I have a Browning Pro Series Pinnacle Safe and I use their pistol shelves. I have a Golden Rod and place all of my pistols in Bore Stores as well. I currently have 4 of their shelves which fit 12 pistols per shelf.

Browning Axis Pistol Shelf.jpg

Am I the only person on the planet that just doesn't have rust issues? I swear, everyone is incredibly concerned about something I only saw when I lived somewhere it was regularly 80% humidity and cold. Even then it was only surface rust on a gun I now or less neglected. Even the lcp I cleaned thoroughly with brake clean (metal parts only) and tossed in a box with small block bits only got a tiny bit. Cleaned right off after 2 years of being unprotected in an Oregon garage. Shoots great. I should buy stock in a desiccant company

Am I the only person on the planet that just doesn't have rust issues? I swear, everyone is incredibly concerned about something I only saw when I lived somewhere it was regularly 80% humidity and cold. Even then it was only surface rust on a gun I now or less neglected. Even the lcp I cleaned thoroughly with brake clean (metal parts only) and tossed in a box with small block bits only got a tiny bit. Cleaned right off after 2 years of being unprotected in an Oregon garage. Shoots great. I should buy stock in a desiccant company

No dude. I don't have any rust issues either. Never have.

I've yet to have any rust issues and really don't want any. But my Bore Stores not only help prevent that but they also help prevent dings and such as well.

Older cardboard boxes tend to absorb moisture, can be bad for long term storage of handguns. The newer molded plastic kind okay for storage from the standpoint of moisture but they take up too much space if you have very many guns.

Putting a small descent pack in the bottom of the case is good for back up and piece of mind on high end hand guns

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top