JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sheryl "dirty mouth" crow summed it up well:

"If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad..."

"All I want to do is shoot some guns, I got the feelin I ain't the only one..."

wood burning penci
I thought you might be showing your age with that reference. I figured by now, the Karens of the country would've put that to rest. But I was wrong, apparently it's still around, now called "pyrography."

Some of these permanent changes that one loves does not help resale.
I tend to agree with this statement. Because one of the attractive features of firearm ownership for me is the store of value concept. Which has been tarnished a bit with recent legislation, making liquidity more troublesome. Temporary personalization is reversible. Not so with engraved names, initials, sweethearts's name, etc. Or grinding of any kind. Because I don't like losing money for no good reason, I back away from any firearms with permanent mods.

One thing that may attract me visually to a firearm in the first place is stock configuration appearance.

One mod I find useful to me and harmless to the firearm regards the grips. I have large hands so I've put target stocks on many Smith & Wesson revolvers that came with something less. I've put a finger extension on my Glock 19 magazine.

Sights are another thing that is subject to change. I've changed to aperture rear sight on a few rifles.

Not a big modify guy but I purchased an sd40 just to have a forty cal and I really love to shoot that one but the trigger sucked and the grip was too abrasive. I added the hogue grip tape and an apex just to make it more funner.

Do what you like, some think it's a good place to invest some like to tinker and sporterize, some just like to shoot, some never go out and shoot.

So many different types of firearm owners.

IMHO.......
Just don't get too crazy and carve your name into the backstrap, front strap, frame, etc... (as the case may be).....and especially NOT with a nail. Of course if you see yourself as some sort of HERO or SUPERSTAR......well, (deep breath)......Nah, it's still probably not such a good idea. Besides.....you could probably afford a professional engraver (if, that were actually the case).

Aloha, Mark

PS......note that Adolph Hitler didn't use this when he decided to "off himself".

1691187688807.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany