JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At what point did this seem like a good idea?

1695860971229.png

What a very strange way of doing things. If not for the plug on the side I would have thought someone just screwed up during install but, looks like the faucet is actually made to mount like that. :confused:
It makes no sense. They had to drill it like that to install the faucet I assume at the time of installation. I wonder if all the other rooms are like that. Its hard to wash your hands especially after I straightened the faucet out.

IMG-1965.jpg

It makes no sense. They had to drill it like that to install the faucet I assume at the time of installation. I wonder if all the other rooms are like that. Its hard to wash your hands especially after I straightened the faucet out.
I even looked on line for a faucet like that and could not find one for sale with the pull for the plug on the side like that. They do make sinks that are made to fit in a corner but the faucets had the control for the plug as a button. I have to wonder was that faucet at one time made for those corner sinks? Maybe someone got a great deal on a bunch of them so they wanted to use them up? Still makes no damn sense to mount it like that and another member is saying they saw the same thing. Very weird. :confused:

I even looked on line for a faucet like that and could not find one for sale with the pull for the plug on the side like that. They do make sinks that are made to fit in a corner but the faucets had the control for the plug as a button. I have to wonder was that faucet at one time made for those corner sinks? Maybe someone got a great deal on a bunch of them so they wanted to use them up? Still makes no damn sense to mount it like that and another member is saying they saw the same thing. Very weird. :confused:

IMG-1966.JPG

Usually, the front edge of the sink is narrower than the rear edge. This gives better access to the sink bowl for the user, and gives a larger area to mount (and service) the faucet and associated plumbing and controls.

In this case, the mounting area of the faucet is narrower. It makes one wonder if this was either a manufacturing defect, or, perhaps the sink was intended to be drilled for the faucet in the field and the installers did it backwards.

A photo taken from further away that showed the entire sink surface might give more clues.

The obvious reason for its placement is they had a corded drill and no extension cord. That is a far as the drill would reach from the outlet to drill the hole.

The builder of my house set the master bedroom window off center in the wall by 14" They also set a light and a vent off center in a pop out window with each item not in line with the next. On my house each wrongly placed item was done out of laziness. They did not want the extra work to box in and center things. They also did not possess a level or square either. I have three rooms two inches out of square in eight feet and a wall that leans out one and a half inches and three more out three quarters an inch top to bottom. It has made my remodeling projects so much fun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top