JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know I learned that really pretty much everyone (and by pretty much I mean anyone who actually has to survive by generating an income) really functions the same only the scale is different.

I think about spending a $1000 like a lot of folks probably think about spending $100. There are guys on this forum that think about spending $10,000 the way I think about spending $1000. There might even be a few that think about spending a $100,000 the way they think about spending $10,000. In the end though if they are earning that money all of them feel about the same about it. To the guy spending $100 a $100 grand seems like a huge amount of money. To the $100 grand guy he has to think about where it goes but in a week or two he wont be thinking about that $100 grand he spent. All of those guys are a few mistakes away from going broke, All of those guys think they are not making enough. Everyone of them thinks they have it rough and are making sacrifices.

I would be the first to admit I have splurged when it comes to firearms lately but its only because I had a couple big jobs roll though. Owning a small business is feast or famine. You either have money or you dont. I have never met a small business owner who had a steady income stream. This month I might be able to buy a few new guns, Next month I might be selling them or something else them to cover expenses. Buying a $1000 worth of toys in a month might seem like throwing money around to some, but to someone that really has money something that cost $1000 wouldn't even be a consideration. I have a friend who pays over a quarter of a million dollars a year in property tax. He has made donations larger than the grand total of my life earnings. He could buy everything I own and it not affect his net worth at all. He buys cars and property like I buy guns. No kidding he has probably owned a 100 cars since I met him, many of them costing real money. I know of at least one USED Mercedes that cost more than $200 grand. He spent $90,000 on a new 911 that he only put a few hundred miles on before selling for a $20,000 loss. When I ask him how he felt about that he told me about a Mercedes that cost $250K new he had just bought used for $120K so really he did pretty good only losing $20K (like I said, operating at a different scale)

I think its a little absurd when someone says "the way you throw money around" when referring me to, but like I said its all a matter or scale. I dont feel any better off when my bills are $15,000 a month than when they where $1500 a month. Either way it seems to take all of it in the end.

LOL!!! I'm old and retired and manage to put $200 away every month for my gun fund. At this time in my life and earning potential that is an amount that delights me! As IM says it's all relative!:)

Oh, BTW, I'm pretty sure that I couldn't afford that amazing power producer at my best earning power!;)

IM, don't be offended, I know all too well the incurred costs of running a small business and nobody should begrudge you the rewards of 16-20hr days, 8 days a week.

I was concurring with your observation by indirectly implying your "NFA Trust, now what" thread, and other posts you've made referencing your economy of scale with your smithing business... that meaning, yeah EXPENSIVE.

Much like in the classifieds here, anything with "rare", "limited", "special edition", "Barret", "custom", or "Python" in the thread title means crazy money before you even open the thread.... LOL!

Sorry if you thought I was "dissin'" ya! ;)

10352763_958190570892619_7486838947920065724_n.jpg

Not a bad idea. It's a much better DIY tho:

Trailer $1000
Solar Panel $400
Inverter $1500
Disconnect $100
Distribution Panel $100
Wind Turbine $1500

Battery Bank?

Last Edited:
If I had money to burn!!!

Man thats a terrific idea. Id probably just mount the whole unit on my (ONE DAY!) lifted survival van and tote a cargo container instead.

Well, at least a man can dream..Wait no, they'll find a way to tax it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top